Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-23-2020, 09:37 PM   #6691
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 24 Feb @ 11:59 pm GMT
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:33 AM   #6692
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Oasis 1 & 3, Fire 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqkjh View Post
All books are $5.95

Link

Description: Dive into a new series...or continue one you've started! Over 550 listens across 200 series are on sale–including first, second, and sometimes third listens in the series. You may even find a full trilogy. Happy Listening!

Terms: Discount available to members only, is not transferable, and cannot be combined with any other offer. Audible reserves the right to cancel the offer at any time. Sale ends February 28th, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT (US).
Well darn, that was worth 16 books!
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:51 AM   #6693
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 24 Feb @ 11:59 pm PT
Old 02-24-2020, 04:55 AM   #6694
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

LAST DAY -- Downpour -- exp 24 Feb @ 11:59 pm PT
Old 02-24-2020, 12:26 PM   #6695
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I assume I know the answer (presumably "nyet"), but just thought I'd check...

On that Matchmaker page, for adding Audible narration to Kindle books you already own, the one listed on @tubemonkey's first post about half-way down, is there any way to sort by price or category or anything like that?

Or do they just come up in whatever order Amazon chooses...which looks sort of like reverse purchase date...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #6696
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqkjh View Post
All books are $5.95

Link

Description: Dive into a new series...or continue one you've started! Over 550 listens across 200 series are on sale–including first, second, and sometimes third listens in the series. You may even find a full trilogy. Happy Listening!

Terms: Discount available to members only, is not transferable, and cannot be combined with any other offer. Audible reserves the right to cancel the offer at any time. Sale ends February 28th, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT (US).
Why is it that Audible sales are either feast or famine? I either find nothing I want or way more than I should really purchase. My wallet will be crying after this.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:15 PM   #6697
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
LAST DAY -- Audible Challenge Qualification

Today is the last day to become an Audible member in order to qualify for the Audible Challenge. If you don't have a membership, you can get a free 2-month trial (details) that will allow you to qualify.

Important Dates -- FAQs -- details
  • 01 Jan -- promo begins
  • 31 Jan -- last day to be in a trial or paid membership to qualify
  • 03 Mar -- promo ends
  • 17 Mar -- last day to maintain membership to qualify
  • 17 Mar -- reward email will be sent on or around 17 Mar
  • Redeem -- you have 30 days from date you receive your reward to redeem it
  • Using -- after redemption, you have 30 days to use your reward before it expires
Interesting how this "2 month free offer" (I joined Jan 30) is ending on Feb 29, when they will begin charging me. So much for it covering until the March 17 period when you must still be a member, to get that $20 bonus for listening.

Grrrr. That's not MY definition of two months. Planning to speak with them, but haven't worked out how yet.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:10 PM   #6698
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Interesting how this "2 month free offer" (I joined Jan 30) is ending on Feb 29, when they will begin charging me. So much for it covering until the March 17 period when you must still be a member, to get that $20 bonus for listening.

Grrrr. That's not MY definition of two months. Planning to speak with them, but haven't worked out how yet.
If you're referring to the NSLS promo, then it is an error. Mine showed as 1 month when I looked at the member page but I did not get charged when that day came and went. Keep an eye on your CC statement and if it gets hit contact customer service. You can go back to the sign-up page and do a screen cap to prove it should be for 2 months.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:14 PM   #6699
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
If you're referring to the NSLS promo, then it is an error. Mine showed as 1 month when I looked at the member page but I did not get charged when that day came and went. Keep an eye on your CC statement and if it gets hit contact customer service. You can go back to the sign-up page and do a screen cap to prove it should be for 2 months.
Yeah. They also sent me an email saying 1 month.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:25 PM   #6700
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Yeah. They also sent me an email saying 1 month.
Me too. I'm sure we'll all be keeping an eye on this.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:48 PM   #6701
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:

I've already received my second month and wasn't charged for it.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:53 PM   #6702
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Why is it that Audible sales are either feast or famine? I either find nothing I want or way more than I should really purchase. My wallet will be crying after this.
Try this:

Budget yourself for x many books for each sale. If there's nothing you want on one sale, then save that money and buy twice as many on the next sale or the one after that. No guilt pangs or wallet pains, because you're always within your budget
Old 02-24-2020, 06:02 PM   #6703
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I've already received my second month and wasn't charged for it.
What time span did yours cover? I'm wondering if the "free 2 months" was not two months from when one started, but "January and February" regardless of when I started.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:23 PM   #6704
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
What time span did yours cover? I'm wondering if the "free 2 months" was not two months from when one started, but "January and February" regardless of when I started.
23 Jan ~ 22 Feb = 1st mo free -- received 1 free credit
23 Feb ~ 22 Mar = 2nd mo free -- received 1 free credit

This promo is 2 months starting on the day you sign up, not just Jan and Feb. My next bill date is 22 Mar, so I'll cancel on 20 Mar so I'm not charged.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-24-2020 at 10:52 PM. Reason: added time span
Old 02-24-2020, 10:57 PM   #6705
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 25 Feb @ 11:59 pm GMT