Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #1
gavinjb
Connoisseur
gavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle
Clara HD and Adobe Digital Editions

Hi,

I have just tried to transfer my first Library book to my Clara, but when I try and read the book I get the following message

Your eReader is not authorised to open this book

This book is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM). ....

I have so far tried the following

1. De-Authorise and re-Authorise ADE on my Kobo
2. Remove Book and Re-download it to my Kobo (using ADE)
3. Sign out of my Kobo account on my Clara and go through the setup again and then transfer the book again.

But none of this has worked anyone with any ideas?

Thanks,

Gavin,
gavinjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:30 PM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Just to be sure, you mean your device (Clara) when you say "my Kobo", right? And option 1 means you went into Settings->Accounts on the Clara to log into your ADE account from there?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #3
gavinjb
Connoisseur
gavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of light

No on my Clara I have to Authorise ADE from my Desktop, I can goto Settings on my Clara to de-authorise, but it then tells me to use the app on my PC/Mac.

So I just run ADE on Windows click on my Clara and select Authorise

and yes by device I mean Kobo Clara
Old 06-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Ah sorry I see it's changed since I knew anything (and/or I'm misremembering things).

Just a guess, but is your Clara connected to WiFi? It might need to check its authorisation.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:20 PM   #5
gavinjb
Connoisseur

Thanks for the suggestion I did have WiFi Turned off but turning it on made no difference, if I cant figure this out I might give up on ADE and import into Calibre (using apprenticealf) and add to a Collection for Library books as a work around.
Advert
Old 06-08-2018, 06:29 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Hmmm... one item to try is to connect your Clara HD to your computer and deauthorize it. Once this is done, take a look at the root of the exposed USB storage for a directory called ".adobe-digital-editions". Open the directory and take a look at the contents. You should see a single file called device.xml. If you see another file called activation.xml, delete it (you may have to set Windows to show hidden files to see them while Mac OSX will need to be set to allow you to see hidden directories since Unix based OS use a . at the start of a name to say it is hidden).

Safely disconnect your Clara, reconnect it and authorize it from ADE (assuming you have any authorizations left). If you then disconnect, open Settings and take a look at Accounts to make sure the email address under Adobe matches the one used for your Adobe account under ADE.

If you have exceeded your Adobe activation limit, that is going to involve contacting Adobe customer service.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:19 AM   #7
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
If this is the same bug I hit, sometimes transferring two books from ADE at once fixes it, and it doesn't reoccur unless you reset to factory settings or something.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:04 PM   #8
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
My wife hated the hoops you have to jump through to get library books on a Kobo to the point that she hasn't touched her Kobo in over 2-years. DRM and artificial scarcity can be a real pain the backside.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:24 AM   #9
retama91
retama91 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I have exactly the same problem as you, gavinjb, with my Glo HD. For me the only way to read the book is to reboot the "kobo" e-reader after the book has been transferred
After the reboot everything seems ok and the book is open normally
retama91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ade, drm, kobo