Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-17-2018, 01:15 AM   #1486
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@Cootey: The question that PeterT asks is important as each time you connect, calibre will do the collection management. Also, are the books that are disappearing from collections purchased kepubs or sideloaded books?
Both excellent questions. I don't have an answer for you. I'll look into it. Where would I find collection management settings in Calibre just in case I've accidentally turned something on? As for your second question, these are purchased or borrowed kepubs. I wasn't surprised that sideloaded books needed to be reorganized. (But I'm always pleasantly surprised that they survive a reset.)
I only have one sideloaded ebook on my iPad that differs with the dozen or so on my KA1 LE. They aren't the issue. It's definitely a cloud sync issue—unless I've configured Calibre to do something I didn't intend. With your help, we can rule it out. Thanks for both of your replies.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:37 AM   #1487
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Both excellent questions. I don't have an answer for you. I'll look into it. Where would I find collection management settings in Calibre just in case I've accidentally turned something on?
Look up one post. I answered this while you were writing this post.
Quote:
As for your second question, these are purchased or borrowed kepubs. I wasn't surprised that sideloaded books needed to be reorganized. (But I'm always pleasantly surprised that they survive a reset.)
I only have one sideloaded ebook on my iPad that differs with the dozen or so on my KA1 LE. They aren't the issue. It's definitely a cloud sync issue—unless I've configured Calibre to do something I didn't intend. With your help, we can rule it out. Thanks for both of your replies.
No matter what the settings are, the collection management that calibre does should only affect books that are on the device that match with books in the library. If it isn't doing anything, then it is going to be some interaction across Kobo's servers. Are the clocks set correctly on both devices? The syncing uses timestamps, so if the clocks are wrong, the device with the latest time will probably win.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-05-2018 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Fix quoting.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #1488
sweth
Connoisseur
sweth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kindle Fire 7 (7G), Kindle PW (2G), Nook GlowLight Plus
Out of curiosity, is there some reason that this plugin can't be disabled? I'm trying to track down a probably-unrelated issue with my calibre setup, and wanted to temporarily disable this plugin to make sure it wasn't involved, but instead had to delete it and then reinstall it later.
sweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:52 PM   #1489
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweth View Post
Out of curiosity, is there some reason that this plugin can't be disabled? I'm trying to track down a probably-unrelated issue with my calibre setup, and wanted to temporarily disable this plugin to make sure it wasn't involved, but instead had to delete it and then reinstall it later.
It's not just this plugin, the User Interface plugin cannot be disabled. I've never looked into why. The only thing you can do is uninstall them.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:33 PM   #1490
sweth
Connoisseur
sweth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kindle Fire 7 (7G), Kindle PW (2G), Nook GlowLight Plus
Quote:
It's not just this plugin, the User Interface plugin cannot be disabled. I've never looked into why. The only thing you can do is uninstall them.
It looks like the issue is that the InterfaceActionBase class that the plugin is inheriting from sets can_be_disabled to False as the default:

Code:
class InterfaceActionBase(Plugin):  # {{{

supported_platforms = ['windows', 'osx', 'linux']
    author         = 'Kovid Goyal'
    type = _('User interface action')
    can_be_disabled = False
Not sure why it has that as the default for UI plugins, when the API docs seem to warn against setting that to False, but allowing it to be disabled *should* be as simple as setting can_be_disabled back to True in __init__.py
sweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2018, 08:29 PM   #1491
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweth View Post
It looks like the issue is that the InterfaceActionBase class that the plugin is inheriting from sets can_be_disabled to False as the default:

Code:
class InterfaceActionBase(Plugin):  # {{{

supported_platforms = ['windows', 'osx', 'linux']
    author         = 'Kovid Goyal'
    type = _('User interface action')
    can_be_disabled = False
Not sure why it has that as the default for UI plugins, when the API docs seem to warn against setting that to False, but allowing it to be disabled *should* be as simple as setting can_be_disabled back to True in __init__.py
I'll have a look, but I have a feeling I've seen a reason for them not allowing them to be disabled.

But, rather than randomly disabling plugins, it might be better to start a thread to discuss the problem you are having and see if anyone has ideas. Most of the user interface plugins will only do something when you interact with them. This one is a little different as it has hooks to do something when a device is plugged in or removed. But, that is about the only thing that disabling the plugin would affect.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:41 AM   #1492
OrangeFlavored
Enthusiast
OrangeFlavored doesn't litterOrangeFlavored doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mars
edit: oh nevermind, my mistake

Last edited by OrangeFlavored; 05-19-2018 at 03:50 AM.
OrangeFlavored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #1493
ladyoflorien
ladyoflorien began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Good morning, I find this a really useful plugin. I checked the box to automatically update the reading progress in Calibre when I plug in my Kobo Aura One which it does but I still get the following error message.

calibre, version 3.26.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 3.26.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17134')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17134', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 0, 2) && Kobo Books (1, 3, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 6, 0) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 103) && Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 461, in dispatch
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2166, in _store_completed
IndexError: list index out of range

Any ideas? No other plug-in I have installed does anything on start-up or when I plug in my Kobo. Thank you.
ladyoflorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:43 PM   #1494
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Hi @davidfor
I am using several feature from this plugin more than two years.
And although you write "A couple of annotations options that I'm not happy with." it is working exact as I like.

But now ... ??suddenly?? the annotation dialog shows a strange layout, in fact all html tag are added e.g.

<hr /><b>H0</b> by <b>Marcus Hammerschmitt</b>

<hr /><b>Zuletzt gelesenes Buch:</b> 2018-06-25 18:05:17<br /><b>Prozent gelesen:</b> 100%<hr />

<b>Kapitel 13:</b> Rügen für Ungeduschte<br /><b>Annotation</b><br /><b>Kapitelfortschritt:</b> 23.53%<br /><b>Hervorhebung:</b> H0<br /><b>Anmerkungen:</b> 5sehr, sehr gut geschrieben. Von diesem Autoren werde ich mehr lesen.<br /><hr />

This was not so till last week. The only change I can remeber is my update of Calibre 3.15 to 3.26.
I need to copy/paste the content, correct my typos and change order which is totally ok.
But now I need to remove all that html tags which I really like to avoid.

Any idea how I can get the former layout i.e. without showing the html tags?
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:58 PM   #1495
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyoflorien View Post
Good morning, I find this a really useful plugin. I checked the box to automatically update the reading progress in Calibre when I plug in my Kobo Aura One which it does but I still get the following error message.

calibre, version 3.26.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 3.26.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17134')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17134', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 0, 2) && Kobo Books (1, 3, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 6, 0) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 103) && Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 461, in dispatch
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2166, in _store_completed
IndexError: list index out of range

Any ideas? No other plug-in I have installed does anything on start-up or when I plug in my Kobo. Thank you.
That error appears to be happening on the line that starts the progress update from the Goodreads Sync plugin. And it means that you haven't configured the Goodreads Sync plugin properly. You need to authorise it to use your Goodreads account. Either that, or uncheck the option on the reading status display to update Goodreads.

But, I will add some code to handle this more gracefully.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #1496
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
Hi @davidfor
I am using several feature from this plugin more than two years.
And although you write "A couple of annotations options that I'm not happy with." it is working exact as I like.

But now ... ??suddenly?? the annotation dialog shows a strange layout, in fact all html tag are added e.g.

<hr /><b>H0</b> by <b>Marcus Hammerschmitt</b>

<hr /><b>Zuletzt gelesenes Buch:</b> 2018-06-25 18:05:17<br /><b>Prozent gelesen:</b> 100%<hr />

<b>Kapitel 13:</b> Rügen für Ungeduschte<br /><b>Annotation</b><br /><b>Kapitelfortschritt:</b> 23.53%<br /><b>Hervorhebung:</b> H0<br /><b>Anmerkungen:</b> 5sehr, sehr gut geschrieben. Von diesem Autoren werde ich mehr lesen.<br /><hr />

This was not so till last week. The only change I can remeber is my update of Calibre 3.15 to 3.26.
I need to copy/paste the content, correct my typos and change order which is totally ok.
But now I need to remove all that html tags which I really like to avoid.

Any idea how I can get the former layout i.e. without showing the html tags?
I forgot about that function. There was a change in one of the libraries that calibre uses that broke the way the HTML was built. It actually affected the other two ways of getting annotations as well (the Annotations plugin and the Fetch Annotations in calibre). I have fixed these, but had forgotten that this used the same code. I'll try and get a fix up tonight. If not, it will probably be some time next week (I'm away for the weekend celebrating my mother's 90th birthday).
Old 07-05-2018, 01:31 AM   #1497
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Quote:
celebrating my mother's 90th birthday

Thanks, no rush.
Please enjoy the time with your family.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 01:36 AM   #1498
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
(I'm away for the weekend celebrating my mother's 90th birthday).
Happy birthday to your mother.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:13 AM   #1499
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta: Fix for Copy Annotations

Attached is a beta to make a first pass at fixing the reported problems with the Copy Annotations function. But, when I doing this, I remembered that this function makes calls to the calibre Fetch Annotations function. It actually uses that function to get the annotations and then wraps them in more HTML before displaying them. What that means is that I cannot completely fix the problem in the plugin. But, I have already done the fix in calibre. It should be in the next release of calibre. A change is needed in the plugin to fix some of the code.

Also, the results look strange. But, it has been a long time since I last used this. Someone will have to tell me if it has change.

The beta also has a couple of other changes:
  • New: Option to open cover image directory.
  • Fix: Set the ___SyncTime when setting the LastDateRead if the ___SyncTime is later. This is needed because of a change in the firmware and how the "Recent" sorting works.
  • Fix: Change annotation builder to handle recent change in BeautifulSoup

If there are any problems, please report them here. I'll look at them next week.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-beta.zip (278.4 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by davidfor; 07-05-2018 at 10:11 AM. Reason: I'm sure I attached it.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:46 AM   #1500
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Attached is a beta to make a first pass at fixing the reported problems with the Copy Annotations function.
The attachment is missing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities