Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #16
Powdertoast
Powdertoast began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
I edited the registry.xml file to have FBReader open up txt files. All's well except I'd like to be able to change how text is flowed by FBReader if I need to. Short of editing the source code as Adam mentioned above so I can get into the options menu, is there a setting I can change in an FBReader xml file to alter the text flow in txt files?
Powdertoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #17
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
How do you edit registry.xml? I would like to add Plucker support, as it used to work.
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #18
bedwere
Enthusiast

Ok, it's not working for me because I want to be able to read the plucker files. How do I remove it?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:29 AM   #19
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
You'll have to install mrxvt and type: "ipkg remove fbreader" (without quotes)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #20
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
You'll have to install mrxvt and type: "ipkg remove fbreader"
This was already in Uninstal/fbreader for 0.8.4, so I have copied this directory to the attached zip file. Invoking this directory in the contentlister (any filesystem) will run the ipkg command for you.

However, I think it is the case that you should also do the following:
Code:
cp /mnt/settings/registry.xml.orig /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml
I have not put this in run.sh, because if it is wrong you will likely brick the iLiad (it will need reflashing). If you are brave enough to try it, I include this as run_registry.sh. Rename this run.sh before copying to the iLiad to completely uninstall fbreader and its registry entries. I have not tested this because I don't use FBReader via the registry.

Note that this will work for 0.8.4 with registry support added or with 0.8.14 with registry support built in.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FBReader_uninstall.zip (1.3 KB, 759 views)
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #21
voidcaller
voidcaller began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd ed
When reading fb2 books I consistently run into one of the following problems:
1) Long press on pagebar sends iLiad's green light blinking and nothing happens.
2) Short press on pagebar gets treated as long presses after reading 200+ pages, I set timing for long presses to 2 sec, but it did not change anything.
3) Pressing pagebar to go back one page, and going forward two pages will get me over sticky page in most cases.
4) Sometimes pagebar will not get you past a certain page, even with trick 3). I have to tap stylys on the bottom of the page to get the next page. Stylys tap work always, fast and without green light ever blinking, so why pagebar is having these problems?
voidcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #22
bedwere
Enthusiast

I did what Adam suggested and then I installed the stand-alone version. It seems to be working fine.
I have a /mnt/settings/registry.xml.orig and also a /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml.old
I'm a little hesitant in using either, since the old FBReader reads the plucker files just fine.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:11 AM   #23
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwere View Post
I'm a little hesitant in using either, since the old FBReader reads the plucker files just fine.
Are you reading them using FBReader's own file manager? If so, it probably does not matter that registry.xml has references to a version of FBReader that is not there any more.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #24
bedwere
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Are you reading them using FBReader's own file manager? If so, it probably does not matter that registry.xml has references to a version of FBReader that is not there any more.
Yes, I am.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #25
Alcuith
Enthusiast
Alcuith began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Iliad, Cool-er
FBReader just keeps rebooting the Iliad, but will not get to main screen. It flashed white and then starts rebooting again.
Any help, or do I have to reflash?
Alcuith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #26
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Thanks Adam for another great app :-D

Unfortunately I have to make a bug report, but I don't know whether it is FBReader or Contentlister related. If I open a book with FBreader, close it by using one of the bottom hard keys and reopen it, the program cannot be closed anymore and leaves me with the book on the screen.

I guess it has something to do with the way the contentlister calls FBReader, and I further guess those problems cannot be solved unless iRex releases the Contentlister source code :-D
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #27
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Thomas- View Post
Unfortunately I have to make a bug report, but I don't know whether it is FBReader or Contentlister related. If I open a book with FBreader, close it by using one of the bottom hard keys and reopen it, the program cannot be closed anymore and leaves me with the book on the screen.
See FBReader - trap buttons?. The, not very elegant, fix for 0.8.4 is to add killall to run.sh (and then to exit using the Upper Left/Quit Button). FBReader is invoked by a shell script (fbreader.sh) in 8.1.14, so a similar approach may work here.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #28
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
I want to be able to set the margins. I am not happy with the menu less version. Adam, can you please include the menu? It could be a separate program to configure FBreader. It does not need to be fbreaders own menu/options system.
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:56 AM   #29
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Any way to skip xxx pages or to go directly to page y?
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:48 AM   #30
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
not a page number, no.. but using the stylus to click on the page bar should get you away from page 1 fairly quickly
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote