Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarasiy View Post
Sorry, you mentioned the synchronization as the second option. I've tried to do this, but without success. I couldn't also find a solution for that in internet. So could you please explain me, how exactly one can sync a particular epub file between computers (or to be precisely between an Android and a Windows device). Is the browser viewer necessary for this? Or is there another workaround? Many thanks in advance!
Simple
You don't

There are no standards across brands or platforms. It is all proprietary.

Kindle apps do Kindle books between those apps ONLY. I believe Kobo has a similar feature. Many apps are NOT cross platform, so no joy there
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:05 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Or if you dont want to do that, you sync the epub file between computers and viewer position and bookmarks are automatically synced since calibre stores them inside the epub file.
Kovid is inferring two (or more) computers using the calibre viewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarasiy View Post
Sorry, you mentioned the synchronization as the second option. I've tried to do this, but without success. I couldn't also find a solution for that in internet. So could you please explain me, how exactly one can sync a particular epub file between computers (or to be precisely between an Android and a Windows device). Is the browser viewer necessary for this? Or is there another workaround? Many thanks in advance!
You would use a file synchronisation tool, some of which operate between Windows and Android - but as previous poster wrote "there are no standards" so your Windows and Android ePub viewer programs are unlikely to be able to share information.

Here's a list comparing many file sync tools Comparison of file synchronization software - Wikipedia

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:34 PM   #18
maximus83
Groupie
maximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toysmaximus83 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Forma, Android, PC
Good information in this thread. Similar to another poster, I used Calibre some years ago, got busy with life, and just recently came back to it. I would love to be able to sync basic reader metadata (reading position, context-specific comments, and highlights) on the same book in my Calibre library, then access it from multiple devices: PC, Android phone and tablet, and my new Kobo. But I'm realistic that this isn't happening anytime soon.

One workaround I've been using is manage all the ebooks and keep the source files in Calibre, but output a 'reading copy' of my whole library. That reading copy gets both posted on Google play books (where I can access with any device I have and leave notes, sync reading position, etc.) AND I sideload it to the Kobo for reading only. I dont' bother adding in notes/highlight in Kobo, since it wont sync with anything else.

If somebody has an alternative solution that doesn't involve anymore work than I'm doing now, I'm all ears. :-)
maximus83 is offline   Reply With Quote