Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #571
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Version 1.26.0 - 20 Dec 2018

Fix failure converting the most recent book from the Kindle Previewer GUI using the command line interface when file names containing non-ASCII characters are present in the user's TEMP directory.

Remove display:block styling added to <br> elements by calibre during conversion since it causes incorrect results in the Kindle Previewer.
Many thanks for this update!
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:03 AM   #572
Jane Eyre
Connoisseur
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Version 1.26.0 - 20 Dec 2018

Fix failure converting the most recent book from the Kindle Previewer GUI using the command line interface when file names containing non-ASCII characters are present in the user's TEMP directory.

Remove display:block styling added to <br> elements by calibre during conversion since it causes incorrect results in the Kindle Previewer.
Just tested, it's ok!!!!
Jane Eyre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:15 AM   #573
Jane Eyre
Connoisseur
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
One difference is the software that renders KFX e-book pages was custom created by Amazon and the older KF8/azw3 renderer was apparently based on webkit. There are all kinds of differences in how they generate page images.
Sorry to bother you, I don't know anything about webkit. All I know is that fonts are rather bigger in a azw3 than in a kfx ebook.

Look at the screen shots.

Azw3 on the left, following kfx.

Same book, the same font, the same size (1.1em in body), size 5 in kindle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	azw3.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	168582   Click image for larger version

Name:	kfx.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	168583  
Old 12-23-2018, 11:14 AM   #574
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
Sorry to bother you, I don't know anything about webkit. All I know is that fonts are rather bigger in a azw3 than in a kfx ebook.
I am curious about this. I will do some research on the difference between the rendered font sizes between formats and see what I can find out. I won’t be able to get to that for a week or so.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:04 PM   #575
Jane Eyre
Connoisseur

Quote:
I am curious about this. I will do some research on the difference between the rendered font sizes between formats and see what I can find out. I won’t be able to get to that for a week or so.
Oh please, don't go mad with it, it's not so important..
But if you just want to, and find out something, I'll be very grateful. Thanks a lot and happy Christmas!!
Old 12-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #576
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post

Look at the screen shots.

Azw3 on the left, following kfx.

Same book, the same font, the same size (1.1em in body), size 5 in kindle.
I used a photo editor to combine both of the pages you provided into a single image, lining them up using the time at the top and the progress indicator at the bottom. Doing that I was able to see that the actual font size (the size of the letters) is the same in both cases. What is different is that the one page is more tightly spaced horizontally (less space between letters and words) and the other is more tightly spaced vertically (more lines per screen). That sort of difference is to be expected since the azw3 and kfx rendering engines use different algorithms to determine the placement of letters and words on the page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	azw3-and-kfx.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	168631  
Old 12-30-2018, 10:15 AM   #577
fardeenah
Connoisseur
fardeenah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
hello i am getting error

calibre, version 3.34.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert Deadly Secrets: An Absolutely Gripping Crime Thriller</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Kindle Previewer error: Error:E20024: OPF file Atmost 1 cover should be present is not well-formed.</p>

can u help?
fardeenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:28 AM   #578
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fardeenah View Post
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert Deadly Secrets: An Absolutely Gripping Crime Thriller</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Kindle Previewer error: Error:E20024: OPF file Atmost 1 cover should be present is not well-formed.</p>
I assume that you meant to post that in the KFX Output thread since that is an error in converting from another format to KFX.

From the error it appears that the source file you are trying to convert has multiple covers declared in it. I recommend fixing it using the calibre editor and trying the conversion again.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:24 AM   #579
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I assume that you meant to post that in the KFX Output thread since that is an error in converting from another format to KFX.
Moved.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:26 AM   #580
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Hello. First thank you for this plug in. I am not sure where to post this. I just installed this plug in and the previewer and am attempting to send a book to my Kindle Oasis 2. The KFX version that I just created is not even in my list when I ask to Send Specific Format. I did restart Calibre. Still nothing.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:56 AM   #581
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
The KFX version that I just created is not even in my list when I ask to Send Specific Format. I did restart Calibre.
You need to configure kfx as a format that can be sent to that device. With your device connected click on the "Device" drop-down menu and choose "Configure this device". Under "Select available formats and their order for this device", add a checkmark to kfx and use the arrow buttons move it up/down and set its priority relative to the other formats.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:56 AM   #582
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
You need to configure kfx as a format that can be sent to that device. With your device connected click on the "Device" drop-down menu and choose "Configure this device". Under "Select available formats and their order for this device", add a checkmark to kfx and use the arrow buttons move it up/down and set its priority relative to the other formats.
Bingo! Thank you for the quick fix. I didn't know about that page to configure a device. Don't think I ever had to access it before.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #583
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
[solved] failed KFX conversion

if the KFX plugin fails, convert the original ebook to rb format then convert that book to KFX. works every time for me.
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #584
thecfg
thecfg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One (ex owner), Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Kindle PW1
hi
is your lovely plugin compatible with KP v3.29?
thanks! (still love it)
thecfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #585
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecfg View Post
is your lovely plugin compatible with KP v3.29?
A version 3.29 was made briefly available and then removed by Amazon.

The latest version of KPR is 3.29.1, even though the web page says it is 3.29. This is identical (other than the version number) to 3.28.1 and is compatible with this plugin.

Tags
kfx, linux, wine