Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-28-2018, 06:36 AM   #1
daniel1591
daniel1591 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
French translation of koreader

Hello,
I would like to use koreader on my kobo aura one but this software is not fully translated into French including all settings. Is the complete translation planned?
In addition, the personal settings are saved only for the current book (font model, size, layout, etc .... We must redo each new book.This will be solved one day?
daniel1591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:41 PM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Long press on options should make that option default, did you tried long press?
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:29 PM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
It's translated by people just like you and me. But actually French is almost fully translated?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:04 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Frenzie: Random hijacking, but on the off-chance you have access to that on Transifex, I requested to join the team .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:32 AM   #5
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
yeah, it was "full" first draft translated 45 days ago but I didn't update it since then.
@NiLuJe : welcome to the team
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:35 AM   #6
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

French (fr) 79 strings to translate , so it's quite done.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:55 AM   #7
daniel1591

in 'advanced settings' 'defaults' no options are translated into french
for example;
-dcrereader config margin sizes large
and all of the options
Old 05-29-2018, 06:01 AM   #8
cramoisi
Librarian

Yup, the new things : I didn't had the time to do them for some weeks but it will be done

But : I don't think the advance setting will be translate as it reads inside a file with variables that are in english. They are not in the translation file so, I guess you're out of luck there.

(Need a Frenzie or NiLuJe confirmation about this)
Old 05-29-2018, 07:59 AM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Those advanced settings would indeed seem to be auto-generated based on the internal name for the setting, see here.

It's questionable to what extent translating those would be beneficial since afaik it's intended as an on-device alternative for editing the config in a text editor. I personally never touch those settings except for the occasional test.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:47 AM   #10
cramoisi
Librarian

I don't think it should be translated because 1. they are raw options you could get via translated menu options 2. if you really want to tweak this file, it's better to do it from a computer with a unix editor.

@daniel1591 If you really want to know what line is for, I could perhaps find the time to make a french commented file from it, at least for the lines I know the use (I mostly use epub and crengine, so I'm not very familiar with mupdf and pdf options provided by koreader) even though the options are explicit enough.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:39 AM   #11
daniel1591

I admit that for a non-English like me, the use of koreader is a bit complex knowing that this situation prevents me from using this program with all its potential.
The main reason for me to use this alternative program in Niquel and that this denier poorly manages the pagination based on the size of the characters. this is very annoying.

translated with google
Old 05-30-2018, 05:20 AM   #12
cramoisi
Librarian

@daniel1591 : you can PM me in french with specific question if you want, or open a thread there : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=198 (but it's unlikely somebody notice it , so if you do it, say it in this one and we'll go look at it (to keep this forum section in english). There are koreader people who speak french, so you'll get help.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:26 AM   #13
cramoisi
Librarian

daniel1591 : use this thread : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=297545

btw, I updated the missing strings in the french translation, but it's work in progress, it needs to be trimmed to fit the display (as french is longer than english for saying the same things)

Last edited by cramoisi; 05-30-2018 at 03:42 PM.