Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2017, 08:36 AM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Firmwares 3.17-3.19.5613 did not release to Kobo Mini, you may want to remove them or add clarification.
Are you sure? I thought it was any version 4 that didn't get released to the Mini.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:51 AM   #92
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you sure? I thought it was any version 4 that didn't get released to the Mini.
The last release for the Mini for most affiliates is 3.4.1. only "rakutenbooks" received 3.19.5671.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:54 PM   #93
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The last release for the Mini for most affiliates is 3.4.1. only "rakutenbooks" received 3.19.5671.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Firmwares 3.17-3.19.5613 did not release to Kobo Mini, you may want to remove them or add clarification.

So what should I do? Should I remove those from the database for the mini?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #94
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have updated this tool. This update adds the version 4.6.9960 to the archive, and includes a fix for the date for version 4.6.9960.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:59 PM   #95
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
So what should I do? Should I remove those from the database for the mini?
I would say not to remove 3.19 from the Mini as it is released officially even if only via one affiliate.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #96
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
I would say not to remove 3.19 from the Mini as it is released officially even if only via one affiliate.
OK. Also, an unrelated question, how long does it usually take for the patches to be released.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #97
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
OK. Also, an unrelated question, how long does it usually take for the patches to be released.
Geoff has said that it goes to take more time because the firmware has changed a lot.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:32 PM   #98
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Geoff has said that it goes to take more time because the firmware has changed a lot.
I noticed that. I was playing around with porting the previous patches and only the fullscreen one still works, and a bunch have more or less completely changed.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:51 AM   #99
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I found a bug. 4.6.9960 has been pulled. Yet, that version is show for October 2017. I don't think that should shown.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:37 AM   #100
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
I found a bug. 4.6.9960 has been pulled. Yet, that version is show for October 2017. I don't think that should shown.
Why was it pulled? I feel like I missed a lot overnight.

P.S. The fact it still shows in other versions is not a bug. That list is separatly maintained by me. See my list here: https://github.com/geek1011/KoboStuf...dfwversions.md, and the tool which I made to generate the code for it here: https://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff...wversions.html

Last edited by geek1011; 10-07-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:02 AM   #101
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Why was it pulled? I feel like I missed a lot overnight.

P.S. The fact it still shows in other versions is not a bug. That list is separatly maintained by me. See my list here: https://github.com/geek1011/KoboStuf...dfwversions.md, and the tool which I made to generate the code for it here: https://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff...wversions.html
Not exactly pulled, but not being rolled out to new devices. See my post for details.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:43 PM   #102
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Maybe it has already been mentioned. The identification number of the Aura ONE Limited Edition is 381.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #103
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Maybe it has already been mentioned. The identification number of the Aura ONE Limited Edition is 381.
I saw that. I want to see a version file from one of these.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:27 PM   #104
Wolfsbruder
Connoisseur
Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Kobo Elipsa
I can tell you guys right off the bat that the FW on the Ka1 Ltd is 4.7.10364
Wolfsbruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #105
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbruder View Post
I can tell you guys right off the bat that the FW on the Ka1 Ltd is 4.7.10364
When did you set it up? Firmware 4.4.7.10413 was release about 10 hours ago (The post for it was 02:25 my time, and it is now 12:04). If you did it before then, that is the firmware I would have expected (from my sources). I would expect to see an update to 4.7.10413 fairly quickly. Though I have just though of a reason that it might not happen.

Tags
download, firmware, kobo