Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2018, 07:26 AM   #1
inthecolonies
inthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini
From Powered Off straight to current read?

Hello all,

I’ve just this week bought a Clara HD after the charging port of my Glo HD finally died completely. My first ereader was the Kobo Mini which still works fine.

Question: is there a mod (or a setting I’ve missed) that allows the Kobo to go straight from Powered Off to the page you were reading when the Kobo turned off? So basically what it does when it wakes from Sleep mode?

Thank you!

Last edited by inthecolonies; 09-19-2018 at 07:28 AM.
inthecolonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:34 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
No. Any particular reason you don't want to use the sleep mode?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2018, 07:39 AM   #3
inthecolonies
inthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No. Any particular reason you don't want to use the sleep mode?
Only because I assume Powered Off gets more mileage out of each charge. Am I right in thinking that?
inthecolonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:03 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecolonies View Post
Only because I assume Powered Off gets more mileage out of each charge. Am I right in thinking that?
Sure, if you keep it powered off for longer periods of time. I doubt that's true if you use it on a daily basis (powering up also requires power and you'll need to refresh the screen more often, which also requires power).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:38 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecolonies View Post
Yes, no, maybe. It is being discussed at the moment in Battery: reading vs sleep vs shut down.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo