Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-03-2020, 04:05 AM   #1
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
BOOX 2.2.2 firmware update is now available for all BOOX that run Android 6.0 OS.

The BOOX 2.2.2 firmware update is now available for all BOOX that run Android 6.0 OS, such as the Max2 Pro, Max2, Note Pro Nova Pro, Note and others. The highlights of the update are here. Please check for the update now.
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:05 AM   #2
Emilis
Emilis began at the beginning.

Device: KT, PPW3
Does this update bring OTG support for Onyx Nova Pro?
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:26 AM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
I donot know, but I updated my Poke Pro
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:08 AM   #4
joandr
Enthusiast
joandr began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars, Onyx Boox Nova, EnergyReader ProHD (Boyue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
no it does not..
and no option "full screen check uncheck" to have always the bar at the top...
rather disappointing
joandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandr View Post
and no option "full screen check uncheck" to have always the bar at the top...
rather disappointing
Use the Navigation Ball to enable or disable Full Screen in apps. Just set the Full Screen option for one of the buttons on the Navigation Ball. Very easy to do. I use it all the time.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:34 PM   #6
joandr
Enthusiast
joandr began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars, Onyx Boox Nova, EnergyReader ProHD (Boyue)
I know that's what I do, but I prefer "check uncheck" in optimization or Settings, I don't like the nav ball...
joandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 03:11 PM   #7
triumph627
triumph627 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.triumph627 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.triumph627 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Note Pro
I’m just glad it went back to having the note taking menu bar on the top and side instead of all at the top, covering the top portion of the writing area on my Note Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triumph627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 06:53 PM   #8
TheFifth999
TheFifth999 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
I’m glad the ability to long press an app and get to the config screen is back. Thanks for that. But please put the full screen option back into the settings screen. For those of us with smaller screens (like the Nova and Poke Pro) the nav ball just takes up too much space. I’m constantly having to move it out of the way when using different apps. Drives me nuts. The only reason I need it now is for the full screen switch.
TheFifth999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:09 PM   #9
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I donot know, but I updated my Poke Pro
Is the update okay?

Did they fix the poke bug where it doesn't detect a long press at first? I asked them to fix it but gave up asking after about six months.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:11 PM   #10
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFifth999 View Post
I’m glad the ability to long press an app and get to the config screen is back. Thanks for that. But please put the full screen option back into the settings screen. For those of us with smaller screens (like the Nova and Poke Pro) the nav ball just takes up too much space. I’m constantly having to move it out of the way when using different apps. Drives me nuts. The only reason I need it now is for the full screen switch.
What is this nav ball? Sounds like I better not update. The poke is small and I don't want unwanted stuff crowding the screen.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:38 PM   #11
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post

What is this nav ball? Sounds like I better not update. The poke is small and I don't want unwanted stuff crowding the screen.
it is a configurable software that adds a software button to the screen that you can move freely and when you click it, it opens a small sub-menu of buttons with 4 options, like config app, page down, page up, close app, etc.

As they removed the physical buttons, now they depend on it until they add android gestures to have a semi-decent user experience on the new devices with only a physical home button.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:20 AM   #12
Pajamaman
Wizard

Thanks for the explanation.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:42 PM   #13
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Boox View Post
The BOOX 2.2.2 firmware update is now available for all BOOX that run Android 6.0 OS, such as the Max2 Pro, Max2, Note Pro Nova Pro, Note and others. The highlights of the update are here. Please check for the update now.
I am happy with the update and the changes you onyx made, but I really notice everything more slow. Web browsing, scrolling webs, managing apps.

Hope you can fix it somehow and returned it to as fluent as it was two updates ago

EDIT: It certainly runs slower. As a user with extreme eye strain problems I use eReader to watch videos, and youtube videos freezes the image from time to time. Also the gray scale on A2 mode (I think) is not as good as it was before those two last updates. The screen is full with zones of one grey tone, and then anotherzone with a different grey tone. in other words: the degraded of grey are not as smooth as before. Switching to X mode it is solved, but sacrifing a lot of image quality.

I will try to downgrade flashing to the firmware version previous of all those refreshing methods, in some days. I was thinking in buying the Note2 but if this is what I have to find there I will surely not do it.

Last edited by eReader fan; 01-12-2020 at 09:48 PM.
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:24 AM   #14
bsabiston
Enthusiast
bsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one hand

Device: kindle
wtf - resting hand on surface brings up 'zoom' window? broken update

I got the new update - disappointed they didn't get rid of that stupid icon that appears in full screen Notes now.

But worse, now when I rest my hand on the screen to start writing, a window pops up in the upper right, a minimized view of the screen, and the screen flashes, and I can't write. What the hell. Is there any way to make that not happen? It says something about scaling minimized or something.
Why do they keep making things WORSE in these updates?

Is there any way to go back to the firmware from two updates ago without losing all the content on my device?
bsabiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:47 PM   #15
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsabiston View Post
I got the new update - disappointed they didn't get rid of that stupid icon that appears in full screen Notes now.

But worse, now when I rest my hand on the screen to start writing, a window pops up in the upper right, a minimized view of the screen, and the screen flashes, and I can't write. What the hell. Is there any way to make that not happen? It says something about scaling minimized or something.
Why do they keep making things WORSE in these updates?

Is there any way to go back to the firmware from two updates ago without losing all the content on my device?
You are right. I noticed it 20min ago. Now what we have to do is disable the touch sensitiveness. It's a workaround meanwhile they fix it for the next update
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote