Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
Mogrith
Mogrith began at the beginning.

Device: K1,K2, Broken 505,M003(android 1.6)
Calibre Content Server d/l fails on Android

If I log into server with a Windows browser I can d/l books with no problems.

But on android browsers It always fails.

Has anyone d/l a book from the content server to an android device?

Tried asking on the Calibre forum but no luck.
log looks like this

192.168.1.5 - mogrith [18/Sep/2010:15:20:39] "GET /get/EPUB/Bull, Emma|Bear, Elizabeth|Monette, Sarah|Shetterly, Will|Downum, Amanda|Shipman, Stephan-Shadow Unit - Season 1_9407.EPUB HTTP/1.1" 200 1061457 "http://192.168.1.2:8080/mobile?num=25&search=epub&sort=date&order=descendi ng" "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board (US) Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17"
192.168.1.5 - - [18/Sep/2010:15:21:25] "GET /get/EPUB/Bull, Emma|Bear, Elizabeth|Monette, Sarah|Shetterly, Will|Downum, Amanda|Shipman, Stephan-Shadow Unit - Season 1_9407.EPUB HTTP/1.1" 401 1109 "" "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board (US) Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

It looks like I'm getting 401 errors.
10.4.2 401 Unauthorized

The request requires user authentication. The response MUST include a
WWW-Authenticate header field (section 14.47) containing a challenge
applicable to the requested resource. The client MAY repeat the
request with a suitable Authorization header field (section 14.8). If
the request already included Authorization credentials, then the 401
response indicates that authorization has been refused for those
credentials. If the 401 response contains the same challenge as the
prior response, and the user agent has already attempted
authentication at least once, then the user SHOULD be presented the
entity that was given in the response, since that entity might
include relevant diagnostic information. HTTP access authentication
is explained in "HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest Access
Authentication" [43].
Mogrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
What server are you trying to download from?

The browsers on Android are limited and different from full-bore browsers. I've not tried purchasing or downloading via browser. Most sellers provide an app (kindle app) to do this.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
I think they are running a Calibre content server on their own network.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I think you are right, which I sort of realized after posting, but still the same conditions apply.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Mogrith
Mogrith began at the beginning.

Device: K1,K2, Broken 505,M003(android 1.6)
It seems to be an error in the password logic.

If I remove password it will work. But if I turn on the password protection. The D/l fails. I get the pop-up for logging in when I first goto the page and can log in and see all the books.
Mogrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
Stupid question but what is the difference between Calibre the open-source book reader/converter and this server?
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:00 AM   #7
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcobb View Post
Stupid question but what is the difference between Calibre the open-source book reader/converter and this server?
The content server is part of calibre.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
The content server is part of calibre.
Really? Wow, I never knew there was a content server; what is the content, stuff you have converted (mine stays on the HD) or other content for sale/download?
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
It's the stuff in your calibre library, exposed so that readers like Stanza and Aldiko can access the books from calibre. It also has an html interface.

You can start the content server from calibre's Preferences dialog, and then navigate to the server based on the machine name and port.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #10
doriath
doriath began at the beginning.

Device: G1 (Android) w/FBReader
Download fails when server is password-protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogrith View Post
It seems to be an error in the password logic.

If I remove password it will work. But if I turn on the password protection. The D/l fails. I get the pop-up for logging in when I first goto the page and can log in and see all the books.
I have the same problem.
doriath is offline   Reply With Quote