Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-12-2018, 03:20 PM   #1291
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Thanks - got it. I've heard the title before.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:42 AM   #1292
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Charles River Editors, free

Asia Minor’s Most Prominent Ancient Cities: The History and Legacy of the Influential Cities that Dominated the Region in Antiquity

The Evolution of Christmas: The History of the Christian Holiday from the Birth of Jesus to Today

The Five Good Emperors: The History of the Roman Empire during the Reigns of Nerva, Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius, and Marcus Aurelius

The Mezquita and Medina Azahara: The History and Legacy of the Moors’ Most Famous Landmarks in Córdoba, Spain

Camp Douglas: The History of the Notorious Union Prison Camp that Became Known as the North’s Andersonville

The Republic of Liberia: The Controversial History and Legacy of the West African Nation that Began as an Experimental Colony

Chicago in the 20th Century: The History and Legacy of the Windy City’s Modernization

https://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search...+river+editors

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?url=sear...+river+editors

https://www.amazon.ca/s/?url=search-...+river+editors
Add Fort Astoria: The History and Legacy of the First American Settlement on the Pacific Coast
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2018, 10:44 PM   #1293
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
It's nearly 11 p.m. here--I hope that the sale on this book will last later than today, for the benefit of MobileReaders out there who will like to have it.

It's As Far as My Feet Will Carry Me: The Extraordinary True Story of One Man's Escape from a Siberian Labor Camp and His 3-Year Trek to Freedom. A true story.

In 1944, German paratrooper Clemens Forell was captured by the Soviets and sentenced to twenty-five years of labor in a Siberian lead mine. In the Gulags, this was virtually a death sentence. Driven to desperation by the brutality of the prison camp, he staged a daring escape. For the next three years, Forell traveled 8,000 miles in barren, frozen wilderness, haunted by blizzards, wolves, criminals, the KGB, and the fear of recapture and retribution. Only a remarkable will to survive, and a bit of luck, allowed him to reach the safety of the Persian border. The resulting story is a rare document of the horrors faced by POWs in the Soviet Union, and a testament to the human spirit.

Sounds truly engrossing.

Has very Good ratings at Amazon and GoodReads.

$1.20.

https://www.amazon.com/Far-Feet-Will.../dp/B009AZ88M8

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-13-2018 at 10:49 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:51 PM   #1294
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks Gtrs!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:13 AM   #1295
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
It's nearly 11 p.m. here--I hope that the sale on this book will last later than today, for the benefit of MobileReaders out there who will like to have it.
Doesn't Amazon use midnight Pacific Time to begin and end deals?

Maybe that will change since both headquarters #2 will be on the east coast.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2018, 12:36 AM   #1296
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Doesn't Amazon use midnight Pacific Time to begin and end deals?

Maybe that will change since both headquarters #2 will be on the east coast.
Yes, I think that everything at Amazon/Audible is based on Pacific Time now. I had forgotten that; thanks for mentioning it. That's good for those who would like to buy the book.

As far as how many days that a promotion is set to last is concerned, I have only a guess: Amazon and the publisher get together and make the decision. There's probably some kind of guidelines that are already put in place--this kind of series of books will last such-and-such amount of time, this publisher is allotted so many days, etc. There's no way that the decision could be made book-by-book!

There may be something on the web giving the results of someone's detective work about that. It would be kind of fun to analyze it all.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-14-2018 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:15 AM   #1297
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Yes, I think that everything at Amazon/Audible is based on Pacific Time now. I had forgotten that; thanks for mentioning it. That's good for those who would like to buy the book.

As far as how many days that a promotion is set to last is concerned, I have only a guess: Amazon and the publisher get together and make the decision. There's probably some kind of guidelines that are already put in place--this kind of series of books will last such-and-such amount of time, this publisher is allotted so many days, etc. There's no way that the decision could be made book-by-book!

There may be something on the web giving the results of someone's detective work about that. It would be kind of fun to analyze it all.
Just got it at 4:15 AM eastern time.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #1298
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyC View Post
Just got it at 4:15 AM eastern time.
I want to make sure that I didn't give the wrong impression--I don't know what day the promotion ends. My hope is that _in case that it did_ end yesterday that people who (would have) wanted the book were able to get it.

There is lots of liquid sunshine (rain) here in this part of Florida today; I'd love to be able to start reading this one! Maybe I can.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-15-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:42 PM   #1299
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

One of Two Great Courses Sales in the Year that Is Not to Be Missed.

The Great Courses is having a sale. They have this kind of sale only twice a year. The prices during the sale are the best that you can get, except during some Audible sales.

http://ttcmailer01.teach12.net/track...018&eu=100&&&#.

[Note to (the) moderator(s) and other interested parties: The URL is extremely long. I could not find a way to shorten it, but I could not detect any third-party tags (or whatever they're called) in it; an email message to me, directly from The Great Courses, led me to this webpage. G]

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-15-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:47 AM   #1300
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
If you go to https://www.thegreatcourses.com you should find pointers to all the sale items. Assuming it's the same ones in your post, GtrsRGr8. The long URL is presumably so they can track who views their web site after receiving an email.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:22 PM   #1301
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Charles River Editors, free

The Neanderthals and Cro-Magnon: The History and Legacy of the First People to Migrate to Europe

Santa Claus: The Historical Origins and Evolution of the Legendary Christmas Figure

The White House and the Kremlin: The History and Legacy of the World’s Most Famous Official Residences

Broadway and Wall Street: The History of New York City’s Most Famous Streets

Mount Athos and Meteora: The History of the Greek Landmarks that Became Orthodox Christian Monasteries

Before the Bear: The History and Legacy of California Before It Joined the United States

Emily Dickinson and Walt Whitman: The Lives and Careers of 19th Century America’s Most Famous Poets

Stephen F. Austin and Sam Houston: The Lives and Legacies of the Leaders Who Founded the Republic of Texas

Andrew Carnegie and Henry Clay Frick: The History of the Gilded Age’s Most Controversial Business Partnership

Bugsy Siegel and Meyer Lansky: The Controversial Mobsters Who Worked with Lucky Luciano to Form the National Crime Syndicate

The British Army in the World Wars: The History of Britain’s Ground Forces during World War I and World War II

The Punjab: The History of the Punjabis and the Contested Region on the Border Between India and Pakistan

https://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search...+river+editors

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?url=sear...+river+editors

https://www.amazon.ca/s/?url=search-...+river+editors
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:39 PM   #1302
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Looks as if today's (21 Dec) Last-Minute Christmas Deal at Kindle UK is 10 UK royal history/biography titles for £0.99 each. Some look pretty serious, some less so.

link to the sale page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=s9_ac...d_i=5400977031
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:13 AM   #1303
Steev
Steev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (10th generation)
One of my favorite Formula 1 TV announcers, Steve Matchett, has his four ebooks on sale 80% off until Christmas. From his Twitter account (@MrSteveMatchett) yesterday:

"Life in the Fast Lane: amazon.com/dp/B07DBDXT1V

The Mechanic's Tale: amzn.to/2PWMdYQ

The Chariot Makers: amazon.com/dp/B01JN89ENS

These Desired Things: amzn.to/2EVHphx

All 4 (e-books) $2.99 each - an 80% discount - for the next 4 days."
Steev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:58 PM   #1304
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
One of my favorite Formula 1 TV announcers, Steve Matchett, has his four ebooks on sale 80% off until Christmas. From his Twitter account (@MrSteveMatchett) yesterday:

"Life in the Fast Lane: amazon.com/dp/B07DBDXT1V

The Mechanic's Tale: amzn.to/2PWMdYQ

The Chariot Makers: amazon.com/dp/B01JN89ENS

These Desired Things: amzn.to/2EVHphx

All 4 (e-books) $2.99 each - an 80% discount - for the next 4 days."
Nice to see another sports fan among MobileReaders in this forum. I think that you and I make a total of two right now.

Thanks for your posts. If you wish to create direct links to the webpages, simply click on the the little thingie, in the bar immediately above the message area that looks like planet earth with a piece of chain or paperclip below it and is partially covering planet earth. A dialogue box will appear for you to insert the URL.

The menu bars will appear automatically if you are replying to a message; if you are creating a message from scratch, you'll need to click on the "Advanced" mode button, found below the message area.

ADDENDUM: Wait a minute. GSRussell is also a race car (NASCAR) fan. So, that makes three of us who are sports fans. Of course, some people do not consider race car driving a sport; if it isn't, then that might just make me as the only sports fan.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-23-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:12 PM   #1305
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artig View Post
If you go to https://www.thegreatcourses.com you should find pointers to all the sale items. Assuming it's the same ones in your post, GtrsRGr8. The long URL is presumably so they can track who views their web site after receiving an email.
Thanks for both pieces of information. The first piece was especially helpful, and I'm going to navigate to that webpage and bookmark it just as soon as I get through with this message.

Yeah, I know that there's information encoded in all of the stuff past the alphanumeric for the ebook. I just didn't know all of what was encoded there. I learned pretty quickly (thanks to a moderator or two calling it to my attention ) that sometimes letters and numbers in an URL indicate a non-MobileRead tag, which are definite no-no's.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-23-2018 at 11:14 PM.