Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2018, 10:00 AM   #466
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by fendesa View Post
hello, I can ask you a big favor, I spent years after the kindle to kobo (has a bad dictionary of Italian) by chance do you have, or do you know where to find a more complete Italian dictionary? Thank you

This is the link in this forum where to download Kobo dictionaries.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=196931

To avoid that, when You synchronize, the better dictionary will be replaced with the useless one You should apply one patch, I use "Change dicthtml strings to micthtml" if You use it rename the dictionary You want use as micthtml-it.zip.

There is another patch, more complicated, that let You use more than one dictionary for a language.

Last edited by ps67; 10-29-2018 at 10:03 AM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:30 PM   #467
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Question unvisible dictionaries

Up to a few F/w back, I could use the German-French and Spanish-French dictionaries I side-load to my kobos. Now I can't use them, and I don't see them in the dictionaries list, while they are visible from my PC in the file explorer. The other ones I side-load ARE visible and loadable, but I gave them names which Kobo recognizes: Nederlands for my 2nd English dictionary, Português for my 2nd French dictionary (the Littré).

I know there are other ways to add dictionaries, but even after printing the relevant threads, it seems too complex for me.

Any idea why, or whether there are idiot proofs to solve that?

Thanks
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:53 PM   #468
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Up to a few F/w back, I could use the German-French and Spanish-French dictionaries I side-load to my kobos. Now I can't use them, and I don't see them in the dictionaries list, while they are visible from my PC in the file explorer. The other ones I side-load ARE visible and loadable, but I gave them names which Kobo recognizes: Nederlands for my 2nd English dictionary, Português for my 2nd French dictionary (the Littré).

I know there are other ways to add dictionaries, but even after printing the relevant threads, it seems too complex for me.

As of a fairly recent firmware upgrade all dictionaries now need to have an entry in the Kobo's SQLite database (\.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite)

Entries for dicthtml-de-fr and dicthtml-es-fr are not likely to be in there unless you have put them there yourself.

If you are able to install an SQLite editor on your PC (I use the free SQLiteSpy utility for Windows, but there are other options) it shouldn't be difficult to help you to create the necessary SQL command to add the necessary 2 rows to your Dictionary table. These manual additions should survive a firmware upgrade but not a factory reset.

I realise that this might sound complex , but the good thing is that, if you copy your Kobo's KoboReader.sqlite file to your PC, you can practice using the SQLite editor without risk to the real file.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:07 PM   #469
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
extract dictionary

Quote:

Thanks
I know it will always be obvious but, you have tried, once connected the kobo to the computer open the folder of the kobo, go in the folder .kobo and then .dic where, inside it you will find your dictionaries you can extract
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #470
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
try to reboot your kobo

Quote:

Thanks
try to reboot your kobo, switch off and than swith on
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #471
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
As of a fairly recent firmware upgrade all dictionaries now need to have an entry in the Kobo's SQLite database (\.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite)

Entries for dicthtml-de-fr and dicthtml-es-fr are not likely to be in there unless you have put them there yourself.

If you are able to install an SQLite editor on your PC (I use the free SQLiteSpy utility for Windows, but there are other options) it shouldn't be difficult to help you to create the necessary SQL command to add the necessary 2 rows to your Dictionary table. These manual additions should survive a firmware upgrade but not a factory reset.

I realise that this might sound complex , but the good thing is that, if you copy your Kobo's KoboReader.sqlite file to your PC, you can practice using the SQLite editor without risk to the real file.
Now I understand why the behavior changed.

I've just gone through my programs and realized I already have SQLite expert installed, just needed to update it - wasn't quite sure how it worked so saved the database first. I added the two lines and it worked.

Thank you very much.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:01 PM   #472
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
I added the two lines and it worked.
Yay! Not too complex, after all
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:09 PM   #473
anacreon
Guru

Is there a way to change the order the dictionaries appear?

Now that I've seen the dictionary table, I wonder about the line numbers, which are not sequential and do not correspond to how the dictionaries appear when you call the list (they obviously depend on the main language on the reader), and I wonder whether I could force a different order somehow (my list has 14 lines).

Last edited by anacreon; 10-29-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:59 AM   #474
plixplax
plixplax began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Hello fellas,

Could anyone give me an English-Spanish dictionary? I couldn't find any. The one that comes with the KOBO is a little poor. I have a KOBO CLARA HD, recently new.

I found this one in babylon but Idk how to convert it.

https://www.babylon-software.com/fre...anish/909.html

Thank you very much. You guys are the best!
plixplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:01 AM   #475
aigojenjang
aigojenjang began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note, Kobo Aura One
Need help - looking for English Korean Dictionary.....

Thanks in advance -
aigojenjang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:15 PM   #476
Bilan
Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Aren't there dictionaries to buy on the Kobo store, like for Kindle on Amazon ?
I completly agree to pay, I bought one when I got my PW2. But I cannot find any on Rakuten Kobo.com website
Bilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:36 PM   #477
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilan View Post
Aren't there dictionaries to buy on the Kobo store, like for Kindle on Amazon ?
I completly agree to pay, I bought one when I got my PW2. But I cannot find any on Rakuten Kobo.com website
Nope, Kobo don't offer additional dictionaries for purchase.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:25 AM   #478
Bilan
Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thank you for confirmation, Robko.
It's another disappointment about Kobo, in my quest to replace my PW2.
Bilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #479
plixplax
plixplax began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Hello fellas,

Could anyone give me an English-Spanish dictionary? I couldn't find any. The one that comes with the KOBO is a little poor. I have a KOBO CLARA HD, recently new.

I found this one in babylon but Idk how to convert it.

https://www.babylon-software.com/fre...anish/909.html

Thank you very much. You guys are the best!
plixplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:16 PM   #480
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Dear all, I updated the first post, hopefully with all the links to the dictionary created meanwhile.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo dictionaries