Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-23-2023, 04:33 PM   #1
Calion
Calion began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 10.5"
ePub to PDF margin issues

I’m hoping that this issue is easy enough to fix without having to post documents and logs. We’ll see.

I’m converting an ePub to PDF, but the problem is that the page breaks are in the wrong places in the PDF. This is probably a problem with how the ePub was created, but there’s nothing I can do about that.

Is there a way I can tell Calibre to fit more on a page (vertically)? I’ve already set the margins to zero, and that made a difference, but it hasn’t solved the issue. Every page is a little too long.

Thanks in advance!
Calion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 07:45 PM   #2
Foozle
Connoisseur
Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Someone might have a better solution, but my personal suggestion is to convert to a document format, edit that to your liking, then convert that to PDF. That way you have full control of how you want it.
Foozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2023, 10:00 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozle View Post
Someone might have a better solution, but my personal suggestion is to convert to a document format, edit that to your liking, then convert that to PDF. That way you have full control of how you want it.
Yes, make a docx, edit in Word or LO and export a PDF.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote