Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-01-2023, 01:57 AM   #1
Fred95901
Fred95901 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Default conversion Format

When i click on file conversion tab the box comes up but it defaults to Mobi.

How do I change the output to Epub. All kindles use Epub now, just trying to save a step.

Thanks
Fred
Fred95901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 02:10 AM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Check this: Preferences -> Behaviour -> Preferred output format
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2023, 05:21 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred95901 View Post
When i click on file conversion tab the box comes up but it defaults to Mobi.

How do I change the output to Epub. All kindles use Epub now, just trying to save a step.
No Kindle uses epub. It's "Send to Kindle" that uses epub.

For USB you should be using azw3 unless you have K1, K2, DX or DXG. The other early models can be updated to azw3/KF8 which is much better.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...MQC26VQQMM8XSW
All Firmware from 3.4.3 and later does the superior to Mobi format of KF8/azw3. That allows CSS and embedded fonts and can be edited. The mobi only has limited inline styles and very limited language and font support. No font embedding.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 05:22 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Send-to-Kindle is a really bad idea given the amount of problems it causes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 04:38 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Send-to-Kindle is a really bad idea given the amount of problems it causes.
And yet it seems to be hugely popular with Kindle owners. I guess most people don't want to bother with USB cables. Me, I don't want to bother with wifi and syncing, so I never felt the attraction for OTA apps. But apparently most Kindle users do.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2023, 05:50 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
And yet it seems to be hugely popular with Kindle owners. I guess most people don't want to bother with USB cables. Me, I don't want to bother with wifi and syncing, so I never felt the attraction for OTA apps. But apparently most Kindle users do.
Some don't have PCs, or don't know how to copy files. But I leave ereader connected to charge and catch up on other stuff.

There is only one inductive ("wireless") Kindle that doesn't need a cable? But a cable allows you to charge and read at the same time. The charging pad still needs a cable and wall PSU.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 09:41 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
FWIW
I don't really want changes being made that I don't control specifically, as well as 'marketing tracking' that gets done with a network connection.

OTOH Having a Bluetooth FTP would not be sneered at
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote