Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #31
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvilmos View Post
I have never seen a translated book having exactly the same pagination as the original. The probability should be << 1%.
I was thinking about epubs. With the same font and dimension, might work fine.
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #32
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
First, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
On "i" models in the Task Bar instead of an icon for Task Manager there is an empty place right to the Menu icon - click on it.
Reading pdf files I have lost the Taskbar. In FBReader it is there and usable, in pdf-Reader I can get into the menu by a long press on the screen and reach the multitasking feature from there, but no Taskbar.

Is this just mine device or a new feature or a bug?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #33
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Reading pdf files I have lost the Taskbar.
I think it is because the full screen mode is enabled. Try to long press on the screen and clic "Exit full screen". Hope that helps!
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #34
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Yes, it helped! Many thanks! But I have to change it for every pdf file anew now.

Booxtor, would it be possible to not automatically set it on "full screen mode" during the update?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #35
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Re-flashed my Firefox after toying with the Task Manager for a few hours. It's a great feature that I'm looking forward to putting to use but in the present beta state the software caused several freezes, and for some reason the standalone dictionary wouldn't want to "cooperate" when I tried to use it while a book was open in FBreader. There was no way to exit the dictionary and go back to the book. I'm waiting for an "official" build so I can start reading Tolkien in two-tree languages simulaneously.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 07:06 AM   #36
kteevee
kteevee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD
First of all, this is a great feature. It makes using my I62HD even more fun. Here's my feedback:

* As somebody already said: it would be nice if the reader returns to all opened document if you switch on.
* If from the taskmanager you close the document that is currently in view, it hangs.
* Also I opened two documents, closed the active one by using the 'normal' close button. It showed me the explorer. I opened taskmanger to go back to my first, and only open, document. Than it showed me my document but became unresponsive. I had to do a shutdown using the button.
* How hard is the limit of 4 documents. I understand that, especially on my 128MB reader, that there's a limit. But maybe 6 will do also..
kteevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #37
kteevee
kteevee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD
Also: if you close a document from the taskmanager that is not in view, it doens't stay on the active document but jumps back to the explorer.
kteevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #38
Buecherwurm92
Buecherwurm92 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post
A small bug on my m92 :-
Suppose documents A and B are open. After closing document B device returns to explorer. Now there are two ways to access document A :
1) via task manager icon in toolbar - device will hang in this case
2) clicking on its actual icon - device does not hang in this case and i can continue with my work
I see the same bug on my M92. Otherwise it works fine so far.

There's one major deception for me in the current implementation: when I connect my M92 to my computer for uploading new material, all open books are closed. Since I connect at least once per day, I can't really profit from the multitasking feature to keep some document permanently in quick access.

I suppose there is a good technical reason for closing all books before connecting via USB, but it should at least be possible to re-open all these books automatically in the end.
Buecherwurm92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #39
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
The feature has been changed. Please reinstall

What has been fixed:
1. Open PDF - open MT-window - select Explorer - in Explorer open MT-window - choose opened PDF - system hangs.
2. It is impossible to close DjVU task in Task Manager
3. When choosing "Explorer" in the multitasking-window, sometimes the screen is not fully refreshed (here only the upper left corner of the explorer is then displayed, while the rest still displays the PDF-page).

other fixes follow soon
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #40
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
The feature has been changed. Please reinstall
Did it. Thank you so much. Now, do not hang up.
But the error occurrence of two menus at once (which I described above) has not disappeared. But it corrected by either TM or switching to Djvu-document and remove it's menu manually.
In CoolReader this feature has not yet added ... Sorry ..

Сделал. Огромное спасибо. Теперь не виснет.
Но ошибка появления двух меню сразу (описанная мной выше) не исчезла. Но она исправляется: или выбрать TM или перейти на Djvu-документ и убрать его меню вручную.
В CoolReader эту функцию пока не добавили... Жаль..
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #41
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Indeed, the above mentioned problems seem to be solved!
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #42
acal1872
acal1872 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Well done, Mr. Booxstor!

I have seen just one minor issue. I opened some assorted readers with two instances of the image reader (2 scribbles): after closing the last one opened I was not able to go back or close the first one. In detail:
1- I was in the explorer window after closing the second scribble
2- selecting the scribble in the task manager simply left me in explorer (after a screen refresh)
3- closing it in the task manager did nothing and then as in 2.

In any case, it is all very usable. Thanks again.

A.
acal1872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:23 AM   #43
ljubavracar
ljubavracar began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Booxtor,
Does this "multitasking update" works with BlackPearl edition?
May I try? Thanks
ljubavracar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #44
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Thanks very much for this new feature Booxtor!

Unfortunately this doesn't work with peterx's scribbling app, which is the only solution for exporting annotations properly
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #45
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
Thanks very much for this new feature Booxtor!

Unfortunately this doesn't work with peterx's scribbling app, which is the only solution for exporting annotations properly
It is not a big problem, I guess. I may need to ask peter'x for source codes of his app so we could implement supporting of MT in his program too.

@ljubavracar. I don't know if the MT will work in Boox editions sold by Artatech. Most likely yes, but you can just try it.

Last edited by Booxtor; 04-26-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote