Notices

Old 10-16-2023, 05:32 PM   #1
JeanDolphin
JeanDolphin began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, galaxy tab
Calibre Epub to Apple iturn connect

I convert my book to epub, when I tried to upload to

https://authors.apple.com/epub-upload/start#new-upload

I keep the getting error, works fine on google, barnes and nobles etc. but not apple.

here is the error example

ERROR ITMS-9000: Software System Design Modeling - SLPSoft.epub: There are 166 additional locations for this message.(-1): [RSC-005] Error while parsing file: attribute "border" not allowed here; expected attribute "alt", "class", "dir", "height", "id", "ismap", "lang", "longdesc", "src", "style", "title", "usemap", "width" or "xml:lang". This error occurs 26 times. (For more information refer to https://help.apple.com/itc/booksassetguide)

then I follow this instruction

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...2#251397644022

then I got the the following error

1 asset was not validated successfully because it had problems:
Software System Design Modeling.epub
ERROR ITMS-9000: Software System Design Modeling.epub: There are 166 additional locations for this message.(-1): [RSC-005] Error while parsing file: attribute "border" not allowed here; expected attribute "alt", "class", "dir", "height", "id", "ismap", "lang", "longdesc", "src", "style", "title", "usemap", "width" or "xml:lang". This error occurs 26 times. (For more information refer to https://help.apple.com/itc/booksassetguide)

Does anybody know how to get this problem resolve?

thanks
JeanDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 07:47 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You will need to show us the code in order to see what the error is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 08:47 PM   #3
JeanDolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You will need to show us the code in order to see what the error is.
What code do you mean, can you guide me so I can show it, because above is the error returned from apple website when it tried to process the epub
Old 10-16-2023, 09:23 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Have you tried running your epub through epubcheck? Using either Sigil or calibre's ebook editor with the epubcheck plugin installed will give you the locations of the errors. In this case, it sounds as if you are trying to use border in a place where the epub specification does not allow it to be used.

One common source is attempting to use a border with an image in an img tag.

You could use the ScrambleEbook plugin (see the Reload this Page [GUI Plugin] ScrambleEbook: Getting help with copyrighted books thread) and then attach the scrambled version to a message in this forum.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 04:13 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@David - could it be related to Apple's penchant of unpacking epubs into directories with an epub extension.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 11:04 AM   #6
JeanDolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Have you tried running your epub through epubcheck? Using either Sigil or calibre's ebook editor with the epubcheck plugin installed will give you the locations of the errors. In this case, it sounds as if you are trying to use border in a place where the epub specification does not allow it to be used.

One common source is attempting to use a border with an image in an img tag.

You could use the ScrambleEbook plugin (see the Reload this Page [GUI Plugin] ScrambleEbook: Getting help with copyrighted books thread) and then attach the scrambled version to a message in this forum.
you are probably Right, using Sigil, see image below for error, so how can I fix it now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bordererror.png
Views:	45
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	204310  
Old 10-17-2023, 01:29 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looking at that, one issue is that border-style is what you need and that is not well supported in ePub2 (hidden and none work, everything else will display as solid). Since Apple is ePub3, most of the border-style properties should work. A quick and dirty fix might be to use Sigil's Epub3-itizer plugin to convert your ePub to ePub3.
Old 10-19-2023, 02:04 PM   #8
JeanDolphin

I convert to epub 3 then I got this error, I think if I can fix that, it will probably work

see image

error
==============
FATAL RSC-016 /OEBPS/content.opf
(line 756, col 3) Fatal Error while parsing file: The element type "spine" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</spine>".

see image for line number pointed to

is there a way to fix that now?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	37
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	204344  
Old 10-19-2023, 05:03 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist

You should find a <metadata ....> section closed by a </metadata>, a <manifest> closed by a </manifest> and a <spine> closed by a </spine>. This error may indicate that either the <spine> is missing or there is more than 1 <spine>.

If you can post the entire content.opf, it would be easier to see what is wrong. You can rename to to .txt and attach it or copy/paste the content (preferably inside [spoiler][code] . . . . [/code][/spoiler].
Old 10-19-2023, 10:53 PM   #10
JeanDolphin

here is the file, I rename it to .txt, so you can check and let me know
Attached Files
File Type: txt content.txt (56.7 KB, 32 views)