Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-01-2020, 08:10 AM   #1
n00bdude
n00bdude began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th gen
Does Kindle Paperwhite 10th gen support USB OTG out of the box?

I just got myself a kindle paper white. I would like to know if it supports USB OTG so that I may transfer files from my android phone to the kindle directly without needing a computer.

Does USB OTG work with the Kindle paper white 10th gen? I have been using an cheap USB OTG cable and it doesn't seem to work.
n00bdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:37 AM   #2
hius07
Guru
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
OTG cable shouid be plugged to the phone, not to Kindle.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2020, 11:19 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Even the most ancient eReaders work as storage on my oldest Android phone, a Sony-Ericsson.
Make sure the "host end" is at the phone. Double check with a regular cable and a OTG adaptor, which are just passive wired, or with a different slave device to test cable.

The ability or not of the ereader to support OTG is irrelevant as it has to be the regular USB client or slave. The phone has to be the host.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:42 PM   #4
n00bdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Even the most ancient eReaders work as storage on my oldest Android phone, a Sony-Ericsson.
Make sure the "host end" is at the phone. Double check with a regular cable and a OTG adaptor, which are just passive wired, or with a different slave device to test cable.

The ability or not of the ereader to support OTG is irrelevant as it has to be the regular USB client or slave. The phone has to be the host.
Hmm thanks for that. Unfortunately it just isn’t working. Even though external hard drives and pen drives work just fine with the same OTG cable. I’m wondering if the tenth gen paperwhite has some extra limitations.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:15 AM   #5
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bdude View Post
Hmm thanks for that. Unfortunately it just isn’t working. Even though external hard drives and pen drives work just fine with the same OTG cable. I’m wondering if the tenth gen paperwhite has some extra limitations.
Does your phone detect the kindle at all?

Also, if it expects a partitioned drive, it won't work because the PW4 exports formatted unpartitioned drive.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2020, 12:42 AM   #6
n00bdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Does your phone detect the kindle at all?

Also, if it expects a partitioned drive, it won't work because the PW4 exports formatted unpartitioned drive.
It’s working now! OnePlus has this weird mode where it needs me to turn on OTG mode manually.

Thanks so much for helping!