Old 04-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Cheemag
All-Round Good Egg
Cheemag began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire & Kindle Paperwhite
Paperwhite Won't Sync to Fire

Hello,
First post here.

My problem is that a book read on my Fire does not update the same book on my Paperwhite.

Whispersync is ON.

Annotations thingy is ON on the Paperwhite.

I've checked & sychd repeatedly on the Paperwhite without making any difference.

Is this how it's supposed to be?

Regards,

Cheemag
Cheemag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I must ask the obvious question: Both Kindle are registered on the same Amazon account?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Was the book purchased from Amazon and "sent" to both Kindles? Or was one sideloaded?

Did you do anything to the books? (i.e. remove DRM/run through Calibre to change the file type?)
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
don't you have to sync with Amazon before you can sync between devices?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #5
Cheemag
All-Round Good Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I must ask the obvious question: Both Kindle are registered on the same Amazon account?
Yes. As is the Kindle Reader on this XP PC. That doesn't update either.

An Email request for assistance to Amazon Support got no reply.

Regards,
Cheemag.
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #6
Cheemag
All-Round Good Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
Was the book purchased from Amazon and "sent" to both Kindles? Or was one sideloaded?
Yes, an Amazon purchase. It's been downloaded by wifi to all three devices. I've only ever sideloaded photos, never books. The book in question is in the cloud.

Quote:
Did you do anything to the books? (i.e. remove DRM/run through Calibre to change the file type?)
No, nothing like that.

Regards,
Cheemag
Old 04-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #7
Cheemag
All-Round Good Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
don't you have to sync with Amazon before you can sync between devices?
Yes. On the Fire: top menu dropdown from Home, activate the twirly Sync thing.

Reading: GoTo; Sync to furthest page read gives 5231 from Cheemag's Kindle on 30 March 13 and do I want to go there?

On the Paperwhite: from reading, top menu, three-bar dropdown, Sync to furthest page read, makes me currently on the correct page, but offers a furthest read page of 100% from Cheemag's Kindle on 30 March; do I want to go there?

"Cheemag's Kindle" is the Fire. The Paperwhite is "Cheemag's 2nd Kindle".

From Home: three-bar dropdown, Sync & check for items; no new items.

The PC Reader, after sync, gives 3052 as current page. Wrong, and offers 5231 on 30 March as furthest page read.

I begin to get the feeling that the system seems to think I've already read the entire book.

Regards,
Cheemag
Old 04-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
If you sync each device and app before and after reading on it, it will be synced to the latest page on the amazon web site.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheemag View Post

I begin to get the feeling that the system seems to think I've already read the entire book.
Perhaps this is the problem. Try logging onto your Amazon account, go to Manage Your Kindle, find the book in the list, and choose "Clear furthest page read" from the Actions button to the right. The choose one of your devices, open the book, Go To the location you want to start from, and sync again.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #10
Cheemag
All-Round Good Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Perhaps this is the problem. Try logging onto your Amazon account, go to Manage Your Kindle, find the book in the list, and choose "Clear furthest page read" from the Actions button to the right. The choose one of your devices, open the book, Go To the location you want to start from, and sync again.
This was the solution to the problem. I have now reset my present book and it all works.

We can probably close this thread now.

Thanks to all who responded.

-- Cheemag
Old 04-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #11
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
This is happening to me with the Fire 1st gen. Personal documents are sync to iPad, Nook, but the 1st generation Fire has always had problems syncing personal documents for me.
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #12
Cheemag
All-Round Good Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgnds View Post
This is happening to me with the Fire 1st gen. Personal documents are sync to iPad, Nook, but the 1st generation Fire has always had problems syncing personal documents for me.
It will always be a problem apparently when you have more than one device. I have three: Paperwhite, Fire and PC-Reader. It never works for all three.

Regards,

Cheemag