Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-26-2009, 04:22 AM   #211
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
They posted in PR that 900 BB&B stores will have jetBooks by the end of 2009. I'm not sure if they have stores in HI
Nope, and not only that but their shipping rates to Hawaii are confiscatory. Newegg ships to here for twenty bucks and Fry's for sixteen. BB&B wants over sixty dollars.

I know for a fact that the good ole US Postal Service will send a flat rate package here priority mail for nine dollars.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #212
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Nope, and not only that but their shipping rates to Hawaii are confiscatory. Newegg ships to here for twenty bucks and Fry's for sixteen. BB&B wants over sixty dollars.

I know for a fact that the good ole US Postal Service will send a flat rate package here priority mail for nine dollars.
Yes, $60 seems too expensive. I think they use FEDEX service, not USPS.
I just checked BB&B website. They have 2 stores in AK but no stores in HI so I hope they will open it soon
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #213
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Hi Wodin! Did you receive jetBook?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #214
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not yet, UPS' tracker says ETA is Thursday.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #215
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Not yet, UPS' tracker says ETA is Thursday.
It will be nice if you could compare jetBook with Sony 505 when you get it
Advert
Old 04-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #216
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
It will be nice if you could compare jetBook with Sony 505 when you get it
Here we go....
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 AM   #217
kyliedork
Connoisseur
kyliedork doesn't litterkyliedork doesn't litter

Device: kindle
i'm getting the popcorn for this flame war
kyliedork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:45 AM   #218
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyliedork View Post
i'm getting the popcorn for this flame war
Why should there be a flame war. Kelly is welcome to express her opinions and the reviews posted above are book books not a comparison of eBook Readers. Enjoy your popcorn.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #219
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Kylie...you caught my drift LOL!!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #220
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
It's HERE! It's HERE!

The UPS tracker says it was delivered an hour and a half ago.

And here I am, stuck at work for another five hours.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #221
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
which one are you keeping? The Jetbook or the PRS-505?
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #222
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post
which one are you keeping? The Jetbook or the PRS-505?
For now I'll keep both, but if I had to give one up it would be the Sony.

No text search is the deal breaker for Sony; Big and ugly is the deal breaker for Kindle.

The jetBook has text search and fits in my trousers pocket.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #223
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
For now I'll keep both, but if I had to give one up it would be the Sony.

No text search is the deal breaker for Sony; Big and ugly is the deal breaker for Kindle.

The jetBook has text search and fits in my trousers pocket.
Welcome to the Club, Wodin
Old 05-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #224
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Welcome to the Club, Wodin
I just noticed in the Calibre forum that it now supports the jetBook. I'll try it out tonight, but if that's the case we now have a jetBook library manager!

Kewl
Old 05-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #225
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I just noticed that on the BB&B web site it is listed under the category The Perfect Gifts > For Him
Hahaha! They also list it under the Games & Gadgets heading and for the Traveler.

Note to self: Look in "gifts for him" sections or else you'll end up with candles and frilly crap!
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote