Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Reader Library How Do I Stop Auto Sync ?

OK, Originally I installed ADE and Reader Library, no probs all worked well,

Now on my 2nd PRS-600, and something I installed later caused a conflict and then neither ADE or Reader Library worked,

After several weeks I got them sorted (Many uninstalls / Reinstalls), and work well,

Previously I had set Reader Library not to Sync on start-up / connection but for the life of me I can’t remember how, and can’t find answer on MR

Can someone please give me instruction or point me to the correct thread / sticky ?

Last edited by Kevin2960; 05-13-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Synch scares me, but maybe plug in your reader, go to Sync view and uncheck any checked folders???

From the Reader Library Help (but doesn't exactly say how to stop sync'ing):

Sync view
Displays the folders that can be synchronized with the Reader device or a compatible memory card.

Place a check mark next to the folder(s) you want specify to synchronize with the Reader device or a compatible memory card.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken401 View Post
Synch scares me, but maybe plug in your reader, go to Sync view and uncheck any checked folders???

From the Reader Library Help (but doesn't exactly say how to stop sync'ing):

Sync view
Displays the folders that can be synchronized with the Reader device or a compatible memory card.

Place a check mark next to the folder(s) you want specify to synchronize with the Reader device or a compatible memory card.
This scares me, too! Once I unchecked all the folders except where the newest downloaded books go, and the software synced my Reader to show ONLY those books, and it erased every other one on the Reader. Total pain in the ass to fix! So if you use Reader Library to organize all your books, not just your Sony store books, I'd be really careful doing this.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #4
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Kevin,
I don't know whether this will be of help to you or not but I made a note of it when I saw it. It may just apply to a PRS-505. To stop automatic launch of Sony Library. Click on START, click on RUN and then type in msconfig. Uncheck the entry that says "eBook Library Launcher. Save, and exit. Might be worth a try.

Slan
Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
Kevin,
I don't know whether this will be of help to you or not but I made a note of it when I saw it. It may just apply to a PRS-505. To stop automatic launch of Sony Library. Click on START, click on RUN and then type in msconfig. Uncheck the entry that says "eBook Library Launcher. Save, and exit. Might be worth a try.

Slan
Mag.

Mag,

thanks alot thats the method I had forgotten, I recognised it straight away

You save me a big headache,

Cheers All

Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #6
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Didn't work this time not sure why ?

Oh well will get there in the end !
Old 05-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Didn't work this time not sure why ?

Oh well will get there in the end !
Kevin,

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. I just did a quick search and have come up with another suggestion. I'm unable to post the link for you, but if you do a search using the following......Reader Library (Mac) Sync Issues you should come up with another suggestion which may help you. It's the post by Shopaholic. Give it a lash anyway.

Slan
Mag.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Mag,

Call me a Typical Man .... STUPID !!!

The first suggestion DID work .... But Guess WHO forgot to Restart the computer .... OH well Maybe one day I'll Learn .... If I want something done RIGHT .... Ask a WOMAN !!!
Old 05-17-2010, 05:28 AM   #9
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Mag,

Call me a Typical Man .... STUPID !!!

The first suggestion DID work .... But Guess WHO forgot to Restart the computer .... OH well Maybe one day I'll Learn .... If I want something done RIGHT .... Ask a WOMAN !!!
Delighted you have it sorted Kevin. Thanks for the little chuckle this Monday morning when I read your post.

Slan
Mag.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #10
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
Delighted you have it sorted Kevin. Thanks for the little chuckle this Monday morning when I read your post.

Slan
Mag.

Anything to brighten your day But it really is typical of me, and I can't even blame my memory problems, I'm just DUMB or all MAN, same thing really

You really did help lots,