Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
Cryogaijin
Cryogaijin began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Greetings from Anchorage Alaska

I live in a small apartment, and I read a heck of a lot, so it seems to me that an ebook reader is a natural product for me to get. The nook had the best combination of features, so I purchased one two months ago.

I'm loving it so far, but not getting the battery life I expected (300-500 page turns, in airplane mode) and I'm having trouble with the nook not processing the metadata on the files correctly. Oh well I'll work on it.

I currently have about 400 novels on my nook, and am looking for better ways to organize than just dumping them all in the My Documents directory.
Cryogaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Cryogaijin and welcome to MobileRead. I've had an eBook reader for over two years and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome to MR! My son lives in Soldotna.

This is a great place with great people and much information and free books in the library in many formats!

Enjoy!

Check out Calibre it might let you manage your books better.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Konichiwa Cryogaijin! Welcome to MobileRead forums. Perhaps your battery needs to 'break in' before you get more longevity. I know that's what I experienced with the battery in my Sony. After half a dozen recharges I began getting a full two weeks of reading out of my reader.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:17 AM   #5
Cryogaijin
Cryogaijin began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I've charged mine 8 or 9 times by now. It should be calibrated. . . Been reading a novel a night on it. So much more convenient than digging through my stacks.

I'm using caliber currently, but there are some quirks to the program that seem a bit offputting. I'm working them out.

Honestly I love Alaska. I'm a VERY hot blooded person, so hiking in the middle of winter is right up my ally. And Anchorage has many miles of beautiful hiking paths that are maintained by the city, some lighted, others not. It would be hard for me to find a location where I am as comfortable as I am here!
Cryogaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Hi Cryogaijin. My father lives in Palmer, Alaska, and I was born there. I haven't been back in about ten years, though. I think it's a place you either love or hate.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
welcome Cryogaijin,

I wish for you to solve all the quirks and enjoy your Nook fully!
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	huskeywel.gif
Views:	205
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	49700 to Mobileread, Cryogaijin.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:21 PM   #9
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alaska, caliber, nook, war kittens