Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
tyncam
tyncam began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Blogs for the Nook

Is anyone aware when new "blogs" will be available for the Nook (aside from the B & N content). Prior to purchasing the Nook we also owned a Kindle 2 and there were numerous daily blogs published including many that were free ...
tyncam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyncam View Post
Is anyone aware when new "blogs" will be available for the Nook (aside from the B & N content). Prior to purchasing the Nook we also owned a Kindle 2 and there were numerous daily blogs published including many that were free ...
I would assume you can get any blog on the Nook. Just use Caliber to download it periodically and sideload it to the device.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #3
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Yes, you can do it via Calibre or you softroot the Nook and can download them directly via wifi and the Trook app
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos View Post
Yes, you can do it via Calibre or you softroot the Nook and can download them directly via wifi and the Trook app
My Nook is arriving today. How hard and/or dangerous is it to softroot the device? I love my RSS feeds and would like to get them through WiFi. But if there's a chance I will brick the device, I might as well just stick with Calibre.

Also, since you seem knowledgeable, can I surf to other sites to buy and download books to the Nook?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #5
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Google for nook dev, than you can read everything you need to know.

With the softrooted Nook you could surf the web, but I'm not sure, if you can download directly to your device. I have not tried that yet, except for the B&N store.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert