Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #61
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #7,586 in Books

BTW - You have As I Lay Dying in the list twice (different editions)
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #62
Fred Nance
Fred Nance began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi I have a question. My son gave me for Xmas a Kindle and on it are books but they show up as Unknown ( all Four books ) is there a way to change the name or just have Unknown 1 ,2,3,4 Thanks for any help you can give me.
Fred Nance is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #63
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
The Elegance of the Hedgehog - Muriel Barberry

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #48 in Books
That's kinda suprising
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #64
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
That's kinda suprising
No joke - ranks just under Malcolm Gladwell's "The Tipping Point" in bestsellers.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #65
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I've added all of Poohbear's recommendations (I was on vacation and that's why it took so long). These were some great recommendations Poohbear, and I was surprised that some of them weren't already on the list.

I was also surprised that The Elegance of the Hedgehog ranked so high. I'd never heard of it before -- not that that means anything.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #66
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Flowers for Algernon - Daniel Keyes

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #10,843 in Books
Old 01-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #67
poohbear_nc
Now what?

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie - Muriel Spark

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #18,903 in Books
Old 01-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #68
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Added Poohbear's latest suggestions.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #69
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
I've received a reply regarding Catcher in the Rye from Penguin, the UK publisher of the paper version. They don't have the digital rights to it or any other Salinger title.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #70
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Hey Shogun now has a Kindle book, you can remove it from the list.

Can you add
Good to Great

Last edited by =X=; 02-01-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Added links fixed grammer
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #71
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

At the start of each month I go through and verify that the books on this list still don't have ebook versions. I am happy to report that two of the books on the list now have ebook versions
Finnegan's Wake by James Joyce
Darkness at Noon by Arthur Koestler
=X= mentioned that Shogun had an ebook version and could be removed, however it had already been removed from the list and replaced with a link to the Kindle version. Nevertheless, I can see how this can create confusion, so I am using the strikethrough attribute to indicate books no longer on the list. Hopefully that should clear up confusion and allow us to leave books displayed so that we can see we are making progress.

I also added the book, Good to Great, that =X= recommended.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #72
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
At the start of each month I go through and verify that the books on this list still don't have ebook versions. I am happy to report that two of the books on the list now have ebook versions
Finnegan's Wake by James Joyce
Darkness at Noon by Arthur Koestler
=X= mentioned that Shogun had an ebook version and could be removed, however it had already been removed from the list and replaced with a link to the Kindle version. Nevertheless, I can see how this can create confusion, so I am using the strikethrough attribute to indicate books no longer on the list. Hopefully that should clear up confusion and allow us to leave books displayed so that we can see we are making progress.

I also added the book, Good to Great, that =X= recommended.

I pity the poor soul (if any) that attempted to proof read Finnegan's Wake!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #73
poohbear_nc
Now what?

I'd like to add these Agatha Christie titles to the list -

A Pocketful of Rye (Miss Marple)
Hickory, Dickory, Dock (or Hickory, Dickory, Death) (Poirot)

They are the 2 glaring omissions from the HarperCollins library of Christie mysteries.
I have tried contacting the publisher about them - but got canned, totally non-helpful replies.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #74
EricLandes
Connoisseur
EricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle PW, Kobo Aura HD, Galaxy Note 10.1
I'd like to see Doomsday Book by Connie Willis. #18,289 in books - published by Spectra.
EricLandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #75
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

I added the Doomsday Book by Connie Willis. I also added the Agatha Christie books awhile ago, but forgot to mention it.