Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #781
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by belledee View Post
im sorry...but i dont know what you mean by being associated....i have pythonw.exe in a different directory though
Glad you got it worked out!

Just so you know, associating a file type means that a particular program will be used to open it. Some file types can be opened by more than one program and in this case you want your .pyw file to be opened by pythonw.exe and not notepad.exe or IDLE.

To associate a file type, right click on it and select "open with" from the menu. From the dialog box that opens, browse to where the pythonw.exe program is and select it then select "ok". Once associated, anytime you click on a .pyw file, it will be opened by pythonw.exe without you having to do anything else.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #782
belledee
belledee began at the beginning.

Device: Motorola Droid; PC; kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Glad you got it worked out!

Just so you know, associating a file type means that a particular program will be used to open it. Some file types can be opened by more than one program and in this case you want your .pyw file to be opened by pythonw.exe and not notepad.exe or IDLE.

To associate a file type, right click on it and select "open with" from the menu. From the dialog box that opens, browse to where the pythonw.exe program is and select it then select "ok". Once associated, anytime you click on a .pyw file, it will be opened by pythonw.exe without you having to do anything else.
gotcha...i never knew that it (associated) was referred as such..
belledee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #783
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by geokhentix View Post
Hey all, i'm using ineptkey43 and ineptpdf74. The key gets created, and it says file successfully decrypted, but it isn't decrypting the file. I have a nook, and this textbook is a textbook i'd rather not carry around with me, but i can't break the DRM. I've attatched the pdf below. Thanks in advance!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4JPIPGY4
The pdf isn't encrypted at all. Acrobat 9 is displaying it (the first page had an error message).
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #784
bud_fox
bud_fox began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I seem to be having a fairly unique problem....

I can run and get a key absolutely fine - however when I run the ineptepub.pyw no input box appears.
When I run it through Python and look at the log, I get the error message
"AttributeError: function 'd2i_RSAPrivateKey' not found"

Even stranger is that when I use the ineptpdf.pyw it all works fine.

I am using;

Python 2.6.6
Pycrypto 2.1.0 (for 2.6)
ineptepub 5.2

Anyone got any ideas on why this won't work?!

Cheers

Bud
bud_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #785
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

Perhaps the routine hasn't found the appropriate key ... ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #786
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud_fox View Post

I can run and get a key absolutely fine - however when I run the ineptepub.pyw no input box appears.

I am using;

Python 2.6.6
Pycrypto 2.1.0 (for 2.6)
ineptepub 5.2

Cheers

Bud
Welcome to MobileRead, Bud. Don't forget to go to the 'introduce myself' thread so we can welcome you poperly. Click on my linky.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #787
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud_fox View Post

I am using;

Python 2.6.6
Pycrypto 2.1.0 (for 2.6)
ineptepub 5.2

Cheers

Bud
d2i_RSAPrivateKey is an openssl function. So it might me that you don't have a good openssl installation.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #788
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Just want to say a very large thankyou to everyone who has posted help in this thread - I've finally got the last few stubborn books done

(if I can find the posts that specifically helped again, I'll give karma - my brain was too fuddled by the time I went to bed at 5am to do it then )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #789
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Just want to say a very large thankyou to everyone who has posted help in this thread - I've finally got the last few stubborn books done

(if I can find the posts that specifically helped again, I'll give karma - my brain was too fuddled by the time I went to bed at 5am to do it then )
Glad I'm not the only one who benefited ....
Old 09-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #790
redbear
redbear began at the beginning.

Device: none
I really need some help.....I got very strange output for a new bought pdf. - Only even pages were decrypted but odd pages are blank .... no any error messages ...

ADE 1.72.1131
Python 2.7
ineptpub.pyw v5
ineptpdf.pyw v8.4.35

Any ideas ?

Searched the thread , seems I'm not the only one.. Gremlin at page 50 had the same issue..
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=750

Last edited by redbear; 09-30-2010 at 01:45 PM.
redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:57 AM   #791
GeoffC

Welcome to mobileread ....

Hope someone will drop by and suggest something for you - but it is beyond my ken ... Good luck....
Old 10-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #792
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
It's a known bug either in the pdf parser or the pdf dump method (probably not in the decryption routines).

Unfortunately I'm not a PDF expert and more unfortunately no one of the pdf geniuses has stepped up to help.

I would say just freeloading doesn't work all the time (just kidding but as long as no pdf expert is willing to invest some time there will be no solution).

Last edited by joblack; 10-01-2010 at 10:40 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #793
redbear
redbear began at the beginning.

Thanks joblack for the info.Hopefully some pdf geniuses will drop by soon...
further found is the correct page is 6.73x9.35 inch but blank page shows 8.50x11.00 inch

Last edited by redbear; 10-02-2010 at 02:48 PM.
redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:16 AM   #794
gramayax
gramayax began at the beginning.

I have some pdf with APS protection. Basically acrobat ask permission to a remote server for opening files.

I found a workaround in a german forum and it worked (i have to setup an apache server on my machine to act like a middle man and intercept comunication between acrobat and remote server).
Now im trying to use inetpdf with a principal key. Problem is i cant find this key in the logs. In ineptpdf there is an example of principal key (for a library in geman) but in my logs there is nothing of that lenght (all bigger).
Under what section are supposed to be this key?

tetrachroma help
gramayax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:55 AM   #795
tetrachroma
tetrachroma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tetrachroma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tetrachroma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramayax View Post
I have some pdf with APS protection. Basically acrobat ask permission to a remote server for opening files.

I found a workaround in a german forum and it worked (i have to setup an apache server on my machine to act like a middle man and intercept comunication between acrobat and remote server).
Now im trying to use inetpdf with a principal key. Problem is i cant find this key in the logs. In ineptpdf there is an example of principal key (for a library in geman) but in my logs there is nothing of that lenght (all bigger).
Under what section are supposed to be this key?

tetrachroma help
The PrincipalKey in the log file might be longer. As far as I remember they added something on the front or back of the key.

But you do have a key named PrincipalKey (don't mind the length) in the logs? If yes did you de-base64ed it?

Neisklar and I made an estimated guess that the PrincipalKey is available on other servers, too. We had only one example so we couldn't be sure. I would have to reread the exact mechanisms to remember it.

Anyway, you might send me an email. No reason to get MobileRead into trouble ...

Last edited by tetrachroma; 11-05-2010 at 01:00 AM.
tetrachroma is offline   Reply With Quote