Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
Edd666666
Enthusiast
Edd666666 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Introducing myself

Hi Group, my name is Edward W. Smith. I wear a number of different hats. I produce/host the Bright Moment cable TV show, I wrote Sixty Seconds To Success(not in ebook form yet), I am president of Interview With An Expert Seminars and I am a motivational speaker.

I am interested in creating and marketing information products, such as printed books, ebooks, DVDs, CDs, etc. I am looking for sites/groups that deal with creating and marketing information products to help me sort through the incredible hype that seems to surround the information product category My primary reason for joining mobileread is to learn how to produce an ebook. I am a beginner and am putting together instructions for me to follow in doing so. So far I have a basic outline of the steps needed as shown below.

Steps

1. Write the book in conventional form(word, PDF, etc).

2. Obtain a cover design in jpeg format.

3. Decide what your retail price will be.

4 Decide who will publish your book(you can choose more than
one(Kindle, etc)

5. For each publisher you choose.

Register with the site.

Format the book according to site specifications for uploading(note each
site tends to have different format requirements).

Follow site directions regarding uploading copy, cover, setting price, etc.

As a beginner, I don't even know what I don't know, so my hope is that by following the conversations in the group, I will begin to fill in some of the pieces. I have already posted one question to the group and was amazed at the fast, helpful responses I received. Needless to say I am impressed.

OK, thanks to all and I look forward to "talking" to you.

Edward W. Smith brightmoment.com, interviewwithanexpertseminars.com,conductknockoutb roadcastinterviews.com/blog.
Edd666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the information you seek.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Edward and welcome to MobileRead. There are several published authors who frequent this site, so they may be able to offer you more advice on how to self-publish, both printed and eBook formats.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Edd666666 and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote