Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #16
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Ah, you're using the StarDock product. I was a big Window Blinds user, but have largely stopped doing that sort of customization.

There is a similar freeware program called Rocket Dock, here.

For a really clean desktop, I add Iconoid from Sillysot Software. Iconoid hides the icons on the desktop after a configurable period of time, among other things. It's Sillyware. Like it? Send him something silly. (That should be no challenge for this group... )
______
Dennis
Most of the time all of my docks are hidden (except for those for the time and the weather), and I usually have no icons showing. However, lately I have been a little remiss in organizing my docks and creating icons for them (I really prefer to create my own docks, icons and skins), with the end result, that I have about 10 short cut icons on one screen at the moment.

Here's a shot of one screen with the docks showing.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 07-28-2008 at 12:25 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Well .... that didn't work .... let's try this another way ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullwall copy.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	14715  
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2008, 01:18 PM   #18
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well .... that didn't work .... let's try this another way ...
Replying in a new thread in the Lounge, so this one doesn't go totally off topic. Go here
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #19
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
I don't keep shortcuts like that on the desktop - I like a clean, uncluttered screen.
I use 3 monitors. My middle monitor remains icon free. On my left monitor I keep certain icons -- such as those like Calibre, which are for my ebook programs. On the right monitor, I keep icons for some of my diagnostic programs and my backup software. I found that it is better to keep some seldom used program icons on the desktop or I forget I have the programs when I need them .
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #20
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I use 3 monitors. My middle monitor remains icon free. On my left monitor I keep certain icons -- such as those like Calibre, which are for my ebook programs. On the right monitor, I keep icons for some of my diagnostic programs and my backup software. I found that it is better to keep some seldom used program icons on the desktop or I forget I have the programs when I need them .
We have 2 users on same Vista PC who need ADE. We created one common Adobe ID. I installed ADE on one user then created a shortcut on other users desktop. When initiated, the shortcut created the necessary macromedia flash entries and I think it even created the ADE folder in the 2nd users documents folder.

Please note: I use ccleaner and had to exclude the cleaning of the macromedia roaming file or user 2 would lose shortcut and temp files necessary to run ADE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert