Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 04:03 AM   #16
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
All my covers are added in Calibre, using the Polish Books plugin - so that can't be the issue.
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:32 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That should be enough to get the covers created on the device. If not, you can set one of the cover sending options so that calibre will create the cover on the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #18
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

It still doesn't - and besides the book itself is unreadable.

This is so frustrating! It obviously works for some, but not for me. There must be some reason. I thought it was the process by which I strip DRM from my epubs (only for personal use!), but I tried with an unmodified file, and had the exact same problem.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:58 AM   #19
Joques
Addict

When I go into the booklist, the book is there - without cover art. It says KOBO EPUB and file size. I can view Details and delete it. But I can't read it.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:00 AM   #20
Joques
Addict

To be clear: It is the Kobo Reader Device Interface (2.0.9) and Kobo Touch (2.0.9) plugins that must be disabled for Joel Gougen's plugin to work?
Advert
Old 05-14-2013, 05:05 AM   #21
Joques
Addict

Huh. I just tried with a different EPUB, with DRM intact. This time it transferred, albeit without cover art, and I could open and read it. But it did not have either the pg/chapter or the reading life option, so what's the point? I checked to make sure the "extended features" was enabled.

This all seems way too unpredictable for me. Is there no other way to kepubify my epubs?
Old 05-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #22
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
ePub files encumbered with Digital Restrictions Mechanisms are not modified by my driver. They're passed to the device unmodified. You must have enabled the option to upload encumbered files, or the ePub was not actually encumbered at all.

Could you please restart calibre in debug mode, reproduce the problem, and post the debug log here? The KoboTouchExtended link in my signature goes to the plugin thread, which has directions on how to restart in debug mode.

Last edited by jgoguen; 07-18-2013 at 07:15 AM.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #23
Joques
Addict

Thank you very much! Here is the log. The same problem occurred: On my homepage there is no cover art, just a dot, and I get the "Oops! This document couldn't be opened. There might be a problem with the file" message. In my booklist, it shows up with title, filesize an "KOBO EPUB", but will not be read.

calibre Debug log
calibre 0.9.29 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.3
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
Started up in 3.30 seconds with 581 books
Job: 1 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None', prefix='F:\'
DEBUG: 0.0 Kobo device: Kobo Glo
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of driver: (1, 3, 1) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of firmware: (2, 5, 2) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 [u'', False, False, True, False, True, False, False, False, False, False, u'', True, False, True, False, False, False, False, False]
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - length bl=0
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 2.0 KoboTouch:books - length bl after sync=585
DEBUG: 2.1 KoboTouch:books - reading device database
DEBUG: 2.1 Database Version=78
DEBUG: 2.1 KoboTouch:books - shelf list: [u'Wishlist', u'Til og fra noveller', u'Oppslagsverk', u'Back burner', u'Currently Reading', u'Finished', u'Unread']
DEBUG: 2.1 KoboTouch:books - query= select Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded, Series, SeriesNumber, ___UserID from content where BookID is Null and ((Accessibility = -1 and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1)) or (Accessibility in (1,2)) ) and not ((___ExpirationStatus=3 or ___ExpirationStatus is Null) )
DEBUG: 12.3 KoboTouch:books - about to sync_booklists
DEBUG: 12.3 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 12.8 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 12.8 KoboTouch:books - have done sync_booklists
DEBUG: 12.8 KoboTouch:books - end - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 12.8 KoboTouch:books - oncard='carda'
DEBUG: 12.8 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'carda', but do not have one!
DEBUG: 12.8 KoboTouch:books - oncard='cardb'
DEBUG: 12.8 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'cardb', but do not have one!
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
Job: 3 Upload 1 books to device:NS1: The Shadow of the Torturer started
Device using plugboard epub KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED None
Setting metadata in: NS1: The Shadow of the Torturer at: C:\Users\JOAKIM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_f1pls t\wwy1tdcaltmpfmt.epub
DEBUG: 37.3 KoboTouchExtended:upload_books:Enabling extra ePub features for Kobo devices
DEBUG: 37.3 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing NS1: The Shadow of the Torturer
DEBUG: 37.3 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Failed conversions will raise exceptions
Container:__init__:Got container path C:\Users\JOAKIM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_f1pls t\iplheu_kobo-driver-extended
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Found cover image id cover
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Setting cover-image
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/copyright.html
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/copyright.html
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/toc.html
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/toc.html
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/titlepage.html
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/titlepage.html
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/preface002.html
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/preface002.html
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter000.html
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter000.html
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter001.html
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter001.html
DEBUG: 37.5 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter002.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter002.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter003.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter003.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter004.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter004.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter005.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter005.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter006.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter006.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter007.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter007.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter008.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter008.html
DEBUG: 37.6 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter009.html
DEBUG: 37.7 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter009.html
DEBUG: 37.7 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter010.html
DEBUG: 37.7 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter010.html
DEBUG: 37.7 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter011.html
DEBUG: 37.7 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter011.html
DEBUG: 37.7 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter012.html
DEBUG: 37.7 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter012.html
DEBUG: 37.7 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter013.html
DEBUG: 37.7 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter013.html
DEBUG: 37.7 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter014.html
DEBUG: 37.7 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter014.html
DEBUG: 37.7 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter015.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter015.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter016.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter016.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter017.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter017.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter018.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter018.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter019.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter019.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter020.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter020.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter021.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter021.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter022.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter022.html
DEBUG: 37.8 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter023.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter023.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter024.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter024.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter025.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter025.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter026.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter026.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter027.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter027.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter028.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter028.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter029.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter029.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter030.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter030.html
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter031.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter031.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter032.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter032.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter033.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter033.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/chapter034.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/chapter034.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/appendix001.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/appendix001.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/adcard.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/adcard.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/Authorbio.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/Authorbio.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/gateway-intro.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/gateway-intro.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML OEBPS/website.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to OEBPS/website.html
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Processing HTML titlepage.xhtml
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Added Kobo tags to titlepage.xhtml
DEBUG: 38.2 KoboTouch:upload_books - 1 books
DEBUG: 38.2 KoboTouch:upload_books - files= [u'C:\\Users\\JOAKIM~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calib re_f1plst\\wwy1tdcaltmpfmt.epub']
DEBUG: 38.2 USBMS: uploading 1 books
DEBUG: 38.2 KoboTouchExtended:filename_callback:Path - NS1_ The Shadow of the Torturer - Gene Wolfe.epub
DEBUG: 38.2 KoboTouchExtended:filename_callback:New path - NS1_ The Shadow of the Torturer - Gene Wolfe.kepub.epub
DEBUG: 38.4 KoboTouch:upload_cover - path='F:\' filename='NS1_ The Shadow of the Torturer - Gene Wolfe.kepub'
DEBUG: 38.4 filepath='F:\NS1_ The Shadow of the Torturer - Gene Wolfe.kepub.epub'
DEBUG: 38.4 KoboTouch:_upload_cover - filename='NS1_ The Shadow of the Torturer - Gene Wolfe.kepub' uploadgrayscale='False'
DEBUG: 38.4 KoboTouch:get_content_type_from_extension - start
DEBUG: 38.4 KoboTouch:get_content_type_from_extension - V2 firmware
DEBUG: 38.4 KoboTouch:_upload_cover - No rows exist in the database - generated ImageID='file____mnt_onboard_NS1__The_Shadow_of_th e_Torturer_-_Gene_Wolfe_kepub_epub'
DEBUG: 38.7 USBMS: finished uploading 1 books
DeviceJob: 3 Upload 1 books to device:NS1: The Shadow of the Torturer done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 3 Upload 1 books to device:NS1: The Shadow of the Torturer callback returned
Job: 4 Send metadata to device started
DEBUG: 39.6 KoboTouchExtended:sync_booklists:Setting ImageId fields
Job: 3 Upload 1 books to device:NS1: The Shadow of the Torturer finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 53.4 KoboTouchExtended:sync_booklists:done setting ImageId fields
DEBUG: 53.4 KOBO: started sync_booklists
DEBUG: 53.4 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - oncard='main'
DEBUG: 53.4 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG: 53.4 KTCollectionsBookList:get_collections - start - collection_attributes= []
DEBUG: 53.4 KTCollectionsBookList:get_collections - collection_attributes= []
DEBUG: 53.5 KTCollectionsBookList:get_collections - end
DEBUG: 55.3 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Oppslagsverk' books=1
DEBUG: 55.3 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Oppslagsverk'
DEBUG: 55.3 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Read' books=99
DEBUG: 61.4 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Read'
DEBUG: 61.4 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Finished' books=100
DEBUG: 61.5 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Finished'
DEBUG: 61.5 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Im_Reading' books=7
DEBUG: 61.9 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Im_Reading'
DEBUG: 61.9 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Back burner' books=1
DEBUG: 62.0 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Back burner'
DEBUG: 62.0 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Unread' books=472
DEBUG: 62.6 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Unread'
DEBUG: 62.6 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Til og fra noveller' books=3
DEBUG: 62.6 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Til og fra noveller'
DEBUG: 62.6 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - managing bookshelves and series.
DEBUG: 63.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Number of series set=0 Number of books=581
DEBUG: 76.7 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Finished
DEBUG: 76.7 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 77.2 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 77.2 KOBO: finished sync_booklists
DeviceJob: 4 Send metadata to device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 4 Send metadata to device callback returned
Job: 4 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #24
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Ah, I knew if I pathetically attempted to help you long enough someone who knew what they were doing would show up

Good luck!
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #25
Joques
Addict

Thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #26
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Who claimed I know what I'm doing?

Although I don't see anything wrong, it looks like the book got sent properly. Do any books work?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #27
Joques
Addict

Huh. On a whim I now tried to convert my epubs first (epub-epub), and all of a sudden it all works perfectly. I didn't want to do that, I like to keep my files as original as possible, so I used to just used to use Polish and Modify Epub to clean up formatting, punctuation, forced fonts, cover art etc. Now it seems I must Calibre-convert them all for this to work. Ok then, no huge deal. I can still back up the originals.

A huge Thank you to everybody who helped! This seems like a great community of likeminded.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #28
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
For those of us who don't use Calibre, is there any available info on code-specific differences between kepubs and epubs?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #29
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
Huh. On a whim I now tried to convert my epubs first (epub-epub), and all of a sudden it all works perfectly. I didn't want to do that, I like to keep my files as original as possible, so I used to just used to use Polish and Modify Epub to clean up formatting, punctuation, forced fonts, cover art etc. Now it seems I must Calibre-convert them all for this to work. Ok then, no huge deal. I can still back up the originals.

A huge Thank you to everybody who helped! This seems like a great community of likeminded.
I wonder if instead of converting, you should try Sigil or the like and try using the validate epub. It might be that the converting epub-epub first is cleaning something up that could be cleaned up using another method?
Or maybe you already do that.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #30
Uschiekid
Tenrec

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Who claimed I know what I'm doing?

Well, from my perpective you do