Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #151
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijac View Post
My loved PRS-950 is dead!

I loved to use with PRS+ and the possibility to disabled the scan of the sd-card and to put ALL my books on the sd-card

What can I do, to do this in the new reader too? Why Sony will not have a new 7 inch modell?

Here can you find the new user guide http://www.docs.sony.com/release/PRST2.pdf
Well, on the hacked T1 you can use a file manager to navigate a folder structure and launch ebooks from there. Not sure if the T2 is hackable or even if it needs to be hacked.

But if you can find a T1 and don't mind the glossy bezel...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #152
Kijac
Connoisseur
Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-950
My daughters have the T1, but we never found out to hack the T1 to use a file manager to navigate a folder structure and launch ebooks from there. Can you tell me more?
And how to disabled the scan modus from the sd-card?
Kijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #153
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
noticed these refurbished units in sony outlet store in uk just in case anyone is interested.

https://outlet.sony.co.uk/shop/Reade...27406752072051
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #154
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I think the Evernote integration is an interesting idea. I wonder if the size of the shared annotations will be limited to 100 characters or so (like it is today if you export notes to an RTF through the Sony software). That would make it less interesting!

I hope that they allow wireless auto-delivery of periodicals for the T2, which the 950 does and T1 does not do. Same for syncing between the ereader and the Sony software and Android app.

Too bad there is no glow-light. I am glad that the housing is matte now. I don't see much reason for me to upgrade my T1 to the T2.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #155
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijac View Post
Here can you find the new user guide http://www.docs.sony.com/release/PRST2.pdf
A quick flick through this pdf suggests that Sony have attempted to accommodate Russian users by including a Russian keyboard and dictionary.

There's also a suggestion that there is an option to refresh every page or not.

How disappointing to see that the manual still says
Quote:
When you select other than the [Original] font, boldface/
italics/italicized boldface may not be displayed correctly.
Given how easily Morkl was able to fix this in his modified reader app for the PRST1, it's unbelievable that the whole Sony development team can't fix it in over a year!
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #156
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
After reading most of the user guide (http://www.docs.sony.com/release/PRST2.pdf) I wonder if they have been sleeping all year long. It's incredible that they have picked up absolutely nothing from any user wishes and/or suggestions for improvement. Nothing at all; they just went along with the (never requested by nobody but o so popular on phones) f***ing social media craze!
Still, ... considering.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #157
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I hope that they allow wireless auto-delivery of periodicals for the T2, which the 950 does and T1 does not do. Same for syncing between the ereader and the Sony software and Android app.
I'm annoyed that they launched the T1 with "this feature is coming soon!" plastered over the store when browsing from the device. And then never delivered the feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
How disappointing to see that the manual still says

Given how easily Morkl was able to fix this in his modified reader app for the PRST1, it's unbelievable that the whole Sony development team can't fix it in over a year!
Also quite annoying. I'll be interested in seeing if Morkl's patches will work with the T2 or not.

At least the T2 will probably not need much to turn it on in Calibre this time.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #158
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
After reading most of the user guide (http://www.docs.sony.com/release/PRST2.pdf) I wonder if they have been sleeping all year long. It's incredible that they have picked up absolutely nothing from any user wishes and/or suggestions for improvement. Nothing at all; they just went along with the (never requested by nobody but o so popular on phones) f***ing social media craze!
Still, ... considering.
I was hoping that at least to be able to bring up clock while reading
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #159
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
I'm annoyed that they launched the T1 with "this feature is coming soon!" plastered over the store when browsing from the device. And then never delivered the feature.
The lack of auto-delivery is a deal breaker for me. I get two newspapers every day and I tried using it, but having to connect to the store every time was just annoying. Not a huge deal - but enough of a step down from the 950 to make me stick to the old reader. I miss 3g, for the same reason (travel a lot... sure, I can always find a wifi network... but it is convenient not having to deal with setting things up every time).

Seeing how the T2 is just not fixing these issues is making me consider jumping ship. My 950 is not going to last much longer and I find preferring a KT to a T1 (at least I can get newspapers auto-delivered, over 3g to boot). If Amazon delivers on a glow screen, I am gone. Otherwise, I am sticking with SONY until my 950 is no longer viable.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #160
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasn75 View Post
I was hoping that at least to be able to bring up clock while reading
That's already one of the features of Morkl's reader app (see end of post #155) if you want to try it.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #161
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I too am disappointed. Though it does look like the shiny bezel is gone. That is just not enough to get me to buy a T2. BUMMER! I so like buying new e-readers.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #162
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I hope that they allow wireless auto-delivery of periodicals for the T2, which the 950 does and T1 does not do.
This is the one feature that would get me to upgrade from T1 to T2.

Or we can dream that Calibre Companion will one day work on the T1.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #163
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool Wrong .........!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasn75 View Post
noticed these refurbished units in sony outlet store in uk just in case anyone is interested.

https://outlet.sony.co.uk/shop/Reade...27406752072051
Sorry tomn - you obviously missed the relatively important rider on all products supposedly on offer - "This product is no longer available" ..............

It's certainly a new twist in marketing, even by Sony standards ....

[ * and also interesting - even though there aren't any to actually sell - is the apparent reluctance to denote the actual model in the "hook" initial description of any of them.
Not (superseded/old generation) 501/650/300/350/etc.... but a generic "Reader" description. ]
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #164
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Sorry tomn - you obviously missed the relatively important rider on all products supposedly on offer - "This product is no longer available" ..............

It's certainly a new twist in marketing, even by Sony standards ....

[ * and also interesting - even though there aren't any to actually sell - is the apparent reluctance to denote the actual model in the "hook" initial description of any of them.
Not (superseded/old generation) 501/650/300/350/etc.... but a generic "Reader" description. ]
Only partially wrong when I looked. A couple were still available, both T1s if I remember correctly.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #165
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Looks like the shiny bezels have disappeared with the T2
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote