Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
dokkeynot
dokkeynot began at the beginning.

Device: none
Links not working properly?

So in the .epub I'm building with Sigil, I have footnotes and endnotes in different sections that I'm trying to link properly.

The code for the links is fine, but they're not working properly in the finished epub. An example of one reads:

<a href="../Text/06-One-Notes.xhtml#1-1"><sup><span class="sgc-16">1</span></sup></a>

In the file it links to, the anchor names are set correctly and in the correct places. However, when I test the file (with both Adobe Digital Editions and Nook for Mac), the links only bring me to the beginning of the section, instead of the specific place in the file where I have set in the anchor tags.

It kind of defeats the point of the linked notes if they don't bring you to the correct note.

Any advice?
dokkeynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
IDs (and hence url fragments) can't start with a numeral (might just be an ADE thing, I'm not entirely sure, but it's best to just not do it anymore once you know).

<a href="../Text/06-One-Notes.xhtml#1-1">

Means that somewhere there is an ID that looks like: <p id="1-1"> or <a id="1-1"> or <h2 id="1-1"> or something to that effect.

Change the ID so that it starts with a letter (or I believe an underscore will work too).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-27-2012 at 02:28 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert