Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
In Praise of Perfect Viewer & Reading Comics on the Fire

When I first got the Fire I didn't expect it to be any good for reading graphic novels or comics - I figured the screen was just too small for the text to be legible, since I even have a hard time on the ipad. But since I was turned on to Perfect Viewer I've been reading them a lot, and it works incedibly well in landscape mode. Perfect Viewed does a great job of managing collections, and its a very easy to use but deeply functional app. In particular I love the fact that it scrolls down the page in 1/3rd increments with just a tap - for most of the graphic novels I've been reading, its perfect. So now I have a whole 'nother genre of reading material, which helps justify the Fire over other Kindle devices for me (since I don't really watch video).

Perfect Viewer is $3 in the App Store, and a shareware version is available for sideloading from other sites for those who want to try before they buy. I highly recommend it.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
I think Perfect Viewer is my most used app on the Fire right now. I find myself reading old comics in the winding-down time before going to sleep. In fact, this one aspect of using the Fire has motivated me to consider a larger Android tablet. The Fire screen is extremely adequate for this purpose (in landscape), in fact I think it's worked so well that I'm now interested to see if I can have an even better experience with a larger screen.

On a technical note, I've got the touch zones memorized by now, but I think newbies would benefit from a way to display those zones after a comic is loaded. If there is a way that I'm not aware, please post.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I know this isn't along the same lines with Perfect Viewer but, you may find this interesting:

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/dailystrip

On the Downloading Page touch Click Here.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote