Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #16
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I love Swift Key X for its predictive ability. They have a tablet version with a split keyboard. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to buy it in Canada. Its on Amazon Market in the US, but we can't access that here. That being said, the stock keyboard is pretty good.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #17
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
I have an Asus Transformer tablet, and for typing, I bought this nice tablet stand.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Desktop-Adjus...item5d2e5bd820

It has 2 positions, high and low. In the low position, it holds your tablet on a slight angle, making touch typing easy. They have a photo there demonstrating how it's done. In the high position, I can read from it hands-free while eating my breakfast.

It's of a solid aluminum construction.
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #18
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I found SwiftKey X Tablet at apktop. I downloaded and installed it, but it really bothered me that I had " stolen " a paid app. I don't do that. My solution was to buy the SwiftKey app for an old phone we don't use anymore and then uninstall it. I knew that unlocked phone would come in handy someday.

It is an amazing app. You can let it learn your language use in various ways to improve the text prediction. The more you use the app, the better it is able to predict what it is you want to type. It offers split screen or full width choices and three different themes. I love it on my smartphone and now I love it on the Vox.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #19
kaplanmyrth
kaplanmyrth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Has anybody tried installing Swype on the Vox? Does it work?
kaplanmyrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #20
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Replying to an old post but Swype is absolutely a must on the vox. No idea how I managed to type anything before.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #21
kaplanmyrth
kaplanmyrth began at the beginning.

I tried installing Swype but couldn't get it to work. Did you have to root your Vox to get it to recognize Swype as a keyboard option?
kaplanmyrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #22
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
I use an alternative keyboard app called Hacker's Keyboard that gives you a proper keyboard with all the special function keys (ctrl, alt, shift, tab, etc). It's certainly not for everyone, but if you're a nerd you might want to give it a try. Great for use with terminal or VNC apps.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #23
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplanmyrth View Post
I tried installing Swype but couldn't get it to work. Did you have to root your Vox to get it to recognize Swype as a keyboard option?
My vox is rooted but I did not get the sense it was a requirement for swype?
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #24
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

Got the Swype loader installed, registered on their site, they said and email would be sent to activate account (not sure why this is needed). Nothing came so I tried a second time and still nothing so contacted them..... maybe Monday they will get back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
Dunno if the Vox supports it, but if it does, load Swype ASAP. It's the only way to "type" on a screen keyboard.
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote