Notices

Old 10-03-2007, 01:39 AM   #1
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
2.11 Strange behaviour on startup

Hi,

I updated to 2.11, no problems, selected "last read book" to open on startup, and now when it boots up, the first thing it does is try to connect (to PC/IDS? dunno). I've checked the settings for any default "automatic connect" set to on, but no, everything is off. Strange After trying to connect (which fails, of course, I only enable Wifi on the router when I need it), it opens the last read book.

Another thing, how do you set a default connection now? I haven't found a way to do that anymore.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:19 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Your upgrade is not finished yet. After 2.11 download, the iLiad needs to connect a couple of times more to get all the documentation. After that it will not try to connect again.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2007, 05:27 AM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
you can set the default connection by clicking on "wired" or "wireless" with the stylus while it tries to connect.
I tried to set that manually before it connects on mine (that was with beta firmwaer however) and it did not rmember my choice. The method described above works however.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Thanks Tribble, will try that (I thought I had, but never mind, lol).

Commander, choosing which connection to use when it's actually trying to connect (whipping out the stylus like the fastest gun in the West before it actually goes ahead like a single-minded and pig-headed bull), is not what I call "setting a default connection", and since it hadn't downloaded the instructions regarding this change, I was stumped. Thanks for the tip.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote