Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #14056
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
4. Spain?

...just need to keep working through doubleshuffle's list...
..not Spain...
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #14057
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
8 quick points for doubleshuffle - all correct bar one quibble over one of the teams you mention above.
And I thought zat ve vere ze pedants here in Germany... I guess you want me to say that it was the Federal Republic of Germany that won three times, not just plain Germany...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #14058
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
And I thought zat ve vere ze pedants here in Germany... I guess you want me to say that it was the Federal Republic of Germany that won three times, not just plain Germany...
I seem to recall quite a lot of fuss being made about the reunification of Germany at the time

Yes that's it - you may have that point as well now.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #14059
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I seem to recall quite a lot of fuss being made about the reunification of Germany at the time
You do have a point there.

Glad I got all the cheap points, because I haven't got a clue about any of the other questions.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #14060
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
4. Who won the very first World Cup in 1930?
Uruguay?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #14061
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Uruguay?
Yes it was.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #14062
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
5. Manchester United? Or perhaps Arsenal?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #14063
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
2. Harry Kewill? (He's the only one I know who has played internationally.)
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:34 AM   #14064
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
5. Manchester United? Or perhaps Arsenal?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
2. Harry Kewill? (He's the only one I know who has played internationally.)
No.

I'll leave this open til I get back from work this evening then I'll provide the answers and declare the winner.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:55 AM   #14065
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

5. Milan AC?
Old 06-11-2014, 03:05 AM   #14066
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
5. Milan AC?
Just a hint - this is about national teams, not clubs. Also, while too lazy to look back at the original questions, I believe I've answered #5 already.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:14 AM   #14067
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

doubleshuffle is right, the answer to number 5 is already known.

The answer to number 3 is a club team though.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:34 AM   #14068
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Just a hint - this is about national teams, not clubs. Also, while too lazy to look back at the original questions, I believe I've answered #5 already.
No team has been in every final. Brazil however has been in every final tournament.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #14069
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
No team has been in every final. Brazil however has been in every final tournament.
Which is why I phrased it as "finals" (note the plural), not "final". Different word, different meaning.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #14070
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

OK, let's bring this one to an end then with the outstanding answers;

1. Which USA international has scored most goals for his country?
Landon Donovan
2. Which Australian international has scored most goals for his country?
Tim Cahill
3. What team links the two players who are the answers to questions 1 and 2?
Both played for Everton

Congratulations to the clear winner, and next quizmaster, doubleshuffle