Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 03-02-2004, 02:14 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Lightbulb Mobile Forum Beta Test Here!

As part of our major site update, we will offer the full browsable forum as mobile content. The browsable version is not meant for offline browsers such as iSilo (another mobile forum is in work for the latter).

So if you have an online browser on your PDA, and if you would like to help us beta test the mobile forum, please reply to this thread.

Alexander
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:14 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'll try it out. I've had little use for IE on the 1930 otherwise, until now <g>

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:29 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

cbarnett check your PM
Old 03-03-2004, 11:24 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

The mobile browsable forum is now available for public testing.

You must be registered before you can use it!

The url:
https://www.mobileread.com/mobile/

Please post everything that comes into your mind that could need improvement!

Thanks to cbarnett for private beta-testing and for the screenshots

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mobile_login.JPG
Views:	713
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	279   Click image for larger version

Name:	mobile_thread.JPG
Views:	821
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	280  
Old 03-04-2004, 12:25 AM   #5
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Nice

Hey,

Too bad I don't have a way to connect my zire71 to the internet. I am close by a networked computer all the time anyway so I can wait until I get home/work in order to go on the internet. But I have to admit it would be pretty cool :-).
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:01 AM   #6
Dmc
Enthusiast
Dmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it is

Device: Audiovox Thera/2032
OK this may be a stupid question but please bare with me, I just woke up and the only coffee I could find in the house is decafe. But is there anyway to access the internet from a PDA by having it in the hotsync cradle or yousing IRDA with a laptop. Theoritically it should be able to be done but I dont know if anybody has ever been in my state of mind. The reason I ask is that I want to see the new mobile site. Thanks for any sort of assistance you may be able to give. Now if you excuse me, I will be walking into town to go to the Tim Hortons.
Dmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:22 PM   #7
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm, with my ipaq, it's just a case of plugging it into the cable or cradle, and I have instant access through Activesync. Palms are a different kettle of fish. There's a utility available (though the name and url escapes me now ) that allows you to make a ppp connection to your pc from the palm in it's cradle. I tried it with my clie ages ago, but never got it working to my satisfaction.

Sorry I can't help you more. If I can find the url for the site with the software, I'll post it here.

Craig.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:56 PM   #8
Dmc
Enthusiast
Dmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it is

Thanks for your response. I'll do an extensive web search to try to find that utility. You ready Google?!?!? Here I come!!!
Old 03-04-2004, 06:57 PM   #9
cbarnett
MR prodigal son

Ah, now I remember the name of the software. Try searching for SoftickPPP!

Craig.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:23 PM   #10
Dmc
Enthusiast

Will do.
TY
Old 03-06-2004, 10:08 PM   #11
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
My co-worker just got the new TJ37 (I made him do it to see if I wanted one, and I do!). We're playing with his wifi alot lately. I'll check it out and post my thoughts.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:20 PM   #12
anomaly
anomaly began at the beginning.

Device: Clie Th-55
Couldn't tell if you still wanted replies or just to test it out - but I will look at it later today. Using a Clie TH-55 with Wi-Fi
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:38 PM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomaly
Couldn't tell if you still wanted replies or just to test it out - but I will look at it later today. Using a Clie TH-55 with Wi-Fi
Yes! Looking for all kinds of feedback Thanks in advance.

Alex