Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
chr1st0ph3rc
Enthusiast
chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Pianobar for kindle touch

Has anyone cross-compiled pianobar for kindle touch? I heard someone say on the forum that it wouldn't be too hard to port a debian package. This would be a great addition for the kindle. Maybe I can write a gui for pygtk. Unfortunately I neither have the knowledge or a linux box to cross compile. It seems like someone compiled for k3 here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=pianobar but I don't know if it will work for ktouch.
chr1st0ph3rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Our "media developer" (twobob) is on a "summer holiday" from Kindle Hacking.
I don't recall that he built it.

But perhaps someone else has, so I can't give you a complete answer.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
chr1st0ph3rc
Enthusiast
chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.

There is a repo for ipkg with pianobar but it is for openwrt router. would that work?
Old 07-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1st0ph3rc View Post
There is a repo for ipkg with pianobar but it is for openwrt router. would that work?
Not a clue. Maybe someone else . . . .
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
chr1st0ph3rc
Enthusiast

could at least try. how do you install something from ipkg from an ipk file like a .deb file ?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
http://packages.debian.org/sid/armel/pianobar/download

it's there.

I'll have a quick look
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah okay I got it running.

The only tricky bit was http://packages.debian.org/sid/armel...on-c2/download
which needs renaming to "libjson.so.0" as the dynamic link won't place on FAT.
(The link is in libjson0_0.11-2_armel.deb, that won't work)

one more point...

I have no idea what this is for.
radio I think?

I have no account or anything so I couldn't login.

Enjoy.

you will need to setup your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH variables obviously to point to wherever you dump this stuff.

All I have included here is the relevant stuff ripped straight out of debian.
if you are missing a lib just search for it's name and "armel" on google.

Worked okay on mine.

EDIT:

AH....

Quote:
Thanks for your interest. We will send you an email when Pandora is coming to your country.

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S., Australia and New Zealand. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

We believe that you are in United Kingdom (your IP address appears to be 31.54.77.254). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please email us.

If you have been using Pandora, we will keep a record of your existing stations and bookmarked artists and songs, so that when we are able to launch in your country, they will be waiting for you.

We will be notifying listeners as licensing agreements are established in individual countries. If you would like to be notified by email when Pandora is available in your country, please enter your email address below. The pace of global licensing is hard to predict, but we have the ultimate goal of being able to offer our service everywhere.

We share your disappointment and greatly appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Tim Westergen

Tim Westergren
Founder

so yeah.
no go for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_511.png
Views:	340
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	109062  
Attached Files
File Type: zip PIANOBAR-ARMEL-AND-SUPPORTING-LIBS.zip (385.0 KB, 217 views)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross-compile, debian, kindle touch, kterm, pandora