Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
Wildfire8470
KAS-Wildfire8470
Wildfire8470 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Hi All!

My website pen name is Wildfire8470, but I go by ~K.~ I am new to being published (1st erotic romance pubbed in Jan. this year.) I'm hoping you will all help me out with how things work here. [Promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

I'd like to post my book and a few purchase links. I understand that short links are not allowed. Can anyone help me define what "condensed URL" means? I'd much rather ask, than haul off and do it wrong.

~K~

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-14-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Wildfire8470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Hi, Wildfire8470, and welcome to MobileRead.

To answer your question, the condensed URLs forbidden by the Guidelines are regular links that have been run through a URL shortening service. For example, the Wikipedia entry for Superman is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman. That same link, run through Google's URL shortener becomes http://goo.gl/yv4s. At MobileRead, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman/ is an allowed link, but http://goo.gl/yv4s is forbidden, even though they take you to the same destination.

There are a few special rules for authors here also. You can read them at Promotion Posting Guidelines and Rules for posting affiliate links in this forum.

And thanks, by the way, for taking the time to read the Guidelines!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi ~K~ and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Welcome to MobileRead.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
Wildfire8470
KAS-Wildfire8470

Smile

Thanks, WT! I'll read it thoroughly!

~K~

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Hi, Wildfire8470, and welcome to MobileRead.

To answer your question, the condensed URLs forbidden by the Guidelines are regular links that have been run through a URL shortening service. For example, the Wikipedia entry for Superman is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman. That same link, run through Google's URL shortener becomes http://goo.gl/yv4s. At MobileRead, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman/ is an allowed link, but http://goo.gl/yv4s is forbidden, even though they take you to the same destination.

There are a few special rules for authors here also. You can read them at Promotion Posting Guidelines and Rules for posting affiliate links in this forum.

And thanks, by the way, for taking the time to read the Guidelines!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
Wildfire8470
KAS-Wildfire8470

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi ~K~ and welcome to MobileRead
Thanks, Cassidym!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
Wildfire8470
KAS-Wildfire8470

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmore Daniels View Post
Welcome to the boards
Thank you, Valmore!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
Wildfire8470
KAS-Wildfire8470

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Welcome to MobileRead.
Thanks, DreamWriter!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help forum, introduction, question