Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
Pocketbook 912 - Set margins for epub files?

As i can see, there is no way to set margins for epub files? Letters in book are from side to side.
Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
It depends on which reading program you are using. In CoolReader (you have to install it yourself) and FBReader (I am not 100% sure, I don't have the PB at hand at the moment to check it) you can set the margins yourself. It is not possible with Adobe Reader. If you're using this one you have to change the margins in the css-file on your PC.

That's one of the features where I wonder every time anew if the developers have read even one book with their device. It really should be on the device.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
As i can see, there is no way to set margins for epub files? Letters in book are from side to side.
Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.
actually, in Adobeviewer you can - check out this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ns#post2201048

if you go to message 14, you will see a suggestion from rkomar - and it works on my PB903, so it should work on your device too. This is really nice, as you can keep using the highlighting features of adobe. I still think Coolreader is unbeatable for the PB360, but for the 903 I stopped using it after learning how to play around with the css (though not as flexible as coolreader, true).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
porga
Connoisseur

Fantastic solution.

I edited file: /system/fonts/adobe/userStyle.css

like this:
Code:
@page {
margin-right:20px;
margin-left:20px;
margin-top:10px;
margin-bottom:10px;
}
body
{ 

}
and margins are now just fine in default epub reader app on 912.

Thanks a lot.

Did you tried fbreader-pockebook as alternative? What can you tell me about it?
Old 01-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
glad it worked, but you really have to thank rkomar :-)

Quote:
Did you tried fbreader-pockebook as alternative? What can you tell me about it?
I haven't been using it very much lately, as I got lazy and stuck to Adobe, but I've played with it a lot with my smaller reader, as in the beginning FBreader was the only programme where you could turn pages by flipping the wrist, but now Coolreader allows it too.
If I were you I'd try all of them, say a week each, and then check which one you are more comfortable with.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
glad it worked, but you really have to thank rkomar :-)
All I did was notice that the file was there. I know next to nothing about CSS, though, and am using paola's margin code inside the file. So, I can only accept a very small part of the thanks. More thanks should go to PocketBook, who recognized that people wanted to customize things themselves, and changed AdobeViewer to allow that. I think the large number of Russian/Ukrainian hackers (in the good sense) who regularly converse with the PB representative in the Russian forum has been a boon to all users.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
porga
Connoisseur

Well, thank you all. This type of product without user base and capable developers is nothing. People, please consider to open some paypal donation option, because this app for CBR/CBZ reading deserve it.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Well, thank you all. This type of product without user base and capable developers is nothing. People, please consider to open some paypal donation option, because this app for CBR/CBZ reading deserve it.
No, please, don't do that. I don't need donations. I especially don't need the obligations that taking money would engender. I work on the program in my free time because I enjoy doing so, and enjoy using it. I also enjoy other users coming forth with new suggestions or bug reports, and working with them to make the program better. Of course, hearing that someone enjoys using the program and gives thanks is also very rewarding.

Perhaps there are others who would welcome producing applications for PB devices more professionally, but it's not for me.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote