Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
LeviGarrett
LeviGarrett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard x 7, tried Sony PRS, Kobo, Kindle Touch, and 2 cheaper
Get books from Calibre into Kindle Collections???

Looking for the link to instructions on how to get eBooks transferred to my Kindle from Calibre into the existing collections please. I have looked everywhere but where the directions are...

I had to replace my Kindle. Created the collections on the new Kindle and then went into Calibre and sent only those eBooks that had collections "assigned" to them in Calibre, previously imported from my old Kindle. I thought they would automatically send them directly into the appropriate collection. They did not and now I am right in the same place if I had simply transferred them to the main memrory...

There has to be a way to do it, I just can't find it. Please help.

Levi.
LeviGarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
LeviGarrett

Just to clarify, from my old Kindle I had imported the collections previously. I had read a while back that I need to create the collections on the device prior to transfering them to the new device.

So I have a Calibre library with several imported collections and those same corresponding collections on my new Kindle. I selected ONLY those books that had a collection title in the collection column and sent them to the device. But they never went into the corresponding collection...

There has to be a way, otherwise, what's the point of having this plugin?
Old 09-15-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
What plugin are you talking about? There may be a way to handle it with the Kindle Collections plugin, but I don't use that so don't know the details.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
I think you may need to have read of the first post in this thread: Kindle Collections
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Rebecca_06
Rebecca_06 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
This is also a double post. (Original here:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191079) No need to make a new thread just because you were rude in the first one.
Rebecca_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:38 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca_06 View Post
This is also a double post. (Original here:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191079) No need to make a new thread just because you were rude in the first one.
To be fair he created this thread 11 minutes after he created the other thread and long before he had a chance to be rude in the other thread.

Fortunately his question was answered correctly in the other thread.

@LeviGarrett if you have any further questions about how to use the Kindle Collections Plugin ask for help in the Kindle Collections Plugin thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #7
LeviGarrett

Rude?

I think that is a matter of opinion, considering I never referred to the other person, wasn't profane or name called at all. Unlike the other poster.

The instructions don't account for the fact that you have to select the device nd be looking at the list of books on the device before starting much of the process and can't start the process from within the Calibre library...

Last edited by LeviGarrett; 09-21-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
Rebecca_06
Rebecca_06 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Double posting is confusing to other people who might have the same problem.

And since you felt the need to discuss it here: you are the one wanting help, it is up to you to remain polite regardless of how you feel about that person's attitude, not the other way around. This isn't a paid help desk, you can only get as much as you give.
Rebecca_06 is offline   Reply With Quote