Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
JAESCOBAR
JAESCOBAR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Question to developers.

Hey all!

I want to thank you, first, for making such a wonderful application! It has been a lifesaver, time saver, and over all great application!

I have a question for the developers out there:

I have an android app:

https://market.android.com/details?i...re.local&hl=en

Created to solve the issue of having a library on your device (when no network support is available), e.g., when in a coffee shop.

I want to make it open source, but have your official blessing, and maybe some of you developers work on it and improve it!, (Like adding LAN support in the future.), and maintain it.

It's not complicated mostly an interface to view your library and view some metadata for any selected book as well with the option to open it with whichever viewer you have. I know this would deviate some resources for you but it may get the attention of new developers as well, specially with your backing + blessings.

What do you think?
JAESCOBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
JAESCOBAR

Ok, its been sometime. From a lack of response there is no interest. That's cool, thanks anyway!
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If the any different to what the "Calibre Library" app for Android already does?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
JAESCOBAR

"Calibre Library" is paid app that is primarily for lan use. Though that's nice I rarely had a network to use my books. My solution is to provide users an interface for their libraries stored on their device. Though calibre does have a sync feature, I feel that it is primarily out of date, since it was designed with another app in mind.