Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 03:03 AM   #16
Baca25
Baca25 began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
I got the Pandigital novel in black for Christmas but i dont know how to use it. I havent been able to download any books. I cant view any videos when i link on to youtube from the web, and when i go on facebook i cant see anybodys profile pictures, also when i attempt to shop for ebooks on B&N.com i cant see the book covers. Is anyone else having this problem? Am i suppose to download or install something? And do download or install do i have to have it plugged into my computer? Please help me figure it out, i'm super excited about having one but bummed that i havent been able to use it.
Baca25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #17
Colina
Colina began at the beginning.

Device: PanDigital Novel ebook
I don't have that model, but it does say on PanDigital's website to ensure that the date is accurate during initial setup so you can have proper access to Barnes and Noble. I believe there is also a firmware update.

Here is the link to the update and to the users manual.

http://www.pandigital.net/Downloads#Black

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Colina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #18
Caesius
Melancholy Clown
Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook Tablet (had Cruz SE & PDN's before)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baca25 View Post
I got the Pandigital novel in black for Christmas but i dont know how to use it. I havent been able to download any books. I cant view any videos when i link on to youtube from the web, and when i go on facebook i cant see anybodys profile pictures, also when i attempt to shop for ebooks on B&N.com i cant see the book covers. Is anyone else having this problem? Am i suppose to download or install something? And do download or install do i have to have it plugged into my computer? Please help me figure it out, i'm super excited about having one but bummed that i havent been able to use it.
Baca,
I'm sorry you've had those troubles. I haven't had unusual issues with mine (also Christmas gift). When I tried to view a YouTube video I got a message that made sense at the time, and I understood it wasn't possible -- however, I then read here that there may be an app for viewing YouTube with it. So, there may be hope. The books worked just find for me, however, the 100 pre-loaded books were not obvious at first. It said they were pre-loaded, so I refused to look elsewhere but In the PDN. Eventually, after just toying with it, I managed to get them to show. I believe it was just a matter of clicking the B&N icon, then "My Library" and then in the drop-down menu under both "Title" and "Author" is an option for "Local." I think that's what finally got them to show up. I’m sorry -- I do hope this is helping, because finding some of these commands is one of those things that is so completely reflexive and understood at this point -- not at the start, mind you -- but they are now, and on the up-side, it is less than 2 weeks later. And I no longer think about most of them.

I am not super knowledgeable about apps, or even the Android system, but I have discovered enough “just by fiddling with it” that I have the books I want with their book covers visible (including those I made myself), my personal wallpaper, and my playlists of mp3's for when I'm reading.

If I can help, you can message me using the options at my profile here. But others likely know 10 times more.

I had a major question about file name standards, but got tired of waiting and just loaded many of my books anyway. Unfortunately, I have to completely ignore the *Title* and *Author* sort, as they don't work unless one understands how the unit identifies them. So, I had a choice: Default my file names to Title-Author or Author last name-Title. I went with the latter, as I can sort books by the same author at least.

Anyhow, it is doing what I want it to. I know it can do a bit more and in time I suspect we will get there. To that end, this forum is a big help.

NOTE: Be sure you know which update you need from that link that Colina included. I went there just now and (unless I am completely misunderstanding the info) it shows something like 4 different PDN eReaders and the Firmware updates noted on that page are for only 2 of them. The 7" US model in White and the one in Black. I have the 7" Black 4GB from QVC and therefore I am not using the update noted on that page. But, that is based only on how I understood the info presented. I could be wrong. And if you don't have the 7" one with 4GB from QVC or the 9", then you can probably use one of those updates on the page.

Last edited by Caesius; 01-07-2011 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Include Note about Firmware link
Caesius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #19
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I bought the Black Pandigital Color e-reader from BBB in Ottawa Canada.

When I got home I did the firmware update for the <Canadian version. This opened the Android O/S to allow installations of android apps. There is an older version of the "YouTube" app that works flawlessly on it.

The Android version on this unit is 1.5 and this tends to be the restriction w/re to app installs along with the lack of camera, mike. I believe some apps look for these on install. Still the built in Browser works great. The Kobo reader is very good as well. I downloaded a PDF reader that does a very good job with PDF's as it supports "Text flow".

I can access my yahoo mail by using the browser and logging into Yahoo.com. Using "Yahoo.com" I can keep a running tab on the weather for places I am interested in. Once setup it remembers these location. It will also play most videos embedded in news releases.

Using "Youtube Downloader" I can capture videos from Youtube on my PC and then transfer them over to an SDCARD for playback on the PDN as MP4.

Here are some apps that work

Youtube 1.3 version works great with the 1.5 OS.

Anyone having a problem finding these just PM me.

AK_Notepad

RepliGo Reader Version 2.1.1 - excellent PDF reader

ES_File_Explorer Ver 1.4.6 excellent on this device - comes with an App Killer

Aldiko Ereader I haven't found a way of zooming in/out so as to get the text to fit the width of the page. The page being read is wider than the viewing page. You have to pan back and forth. This makes this reader IMO as a last resort reader.

ireader is a good "Txt" reader with a multitude of settings.

EasyReader A little slow at starting - just wait - it has a sliding menu that can be hidden. There is no page segments - you just scroll the text vertically. It handles txt files but will open any files even though it looks like garbage once open

Reuters News 1.0.3 app works pretty good.

Puzzles.apk not a dynamic game but works the mind.

Pyramid.apk - good solitaire

All I did was install the FW update as directed by Pandigital and went ahead and looked for apps that I might be interested in. A lot will not work but then again it is Droid 1.5 with no phone technology.

So far I am happy with the device for the price.

Last edited by jlg432; 01-08-2011 at 08:25 PM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #20
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I just got an email from BBB that the Pandigital 7" Color Cover was back in stock and available for $39.99. The same cover goes for $24.99 at Best Buy and they just got them in stock as well.

I just went and picked one up and I am happy to report that it is an excellent design and fit. You have full access to all controls. There is even a hole for the speaker and access for the built in stylus. It also makes the unit less slippery. I was always concerned about it slipping out of my hands. The front cover can fold right back with no effort or strain on the cover.

John

Last edited by jlg432; 01-08-2011 at 08:39 PM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #21
ssarmazi
ssarmazi began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
John,

Question about Youtube v1.3. I've installed no problem (on my black 7" pandigital novel which has the latest Canadian firmware) and can watch videos just fine. But I can't login to youtube (Settings -> My Account) does nothing. Have you tried that? Did it work for you?

It's not the end of the world since I just downloaded the Skyfire browser and I just go to m.youtube.com and it works flawlessly, but it would be nice to have the native Youtube working.

Thanks,
ssarmazi is offline   Reply With Quote