Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Calibre would be a great alternative, but I've always found it complex to use. Hopefully annieher will have a better time with it.

PS, the first link was an error, the link in my second post is to the 2.5.

Hopefully the problem can be resolved.
Go to the message with the incorrect link and edit it to remove or change the link.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #17
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Edited.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Have you tried plugging it in and powering on/off ? that sometimes works at least to allow you to access your reader on the pc.... as for the sony pc software? if you must use an external library manager you should try calibre.. good luck....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #19
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieher View Post
oh, and when I went to Sony support for the problem, my eReader isn't listed there at all.
which sounds bad, doesn't it?
Sony still has a support page for the 505. Here is the link.
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-...OC=3#/howtoTab

There is still a 505 in use in my household. I sync it with the latest version of Reader Library 3.3, and it works fine. I have never tried it with the new Reader program. However, I have a Mac so I'm sorry that I can't offer any advice regarding the Sony software and Windows.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #20
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Annieher
The Reader Library software not loading is not a new issue. I had the same problem when I migrated to Windows 7 a couple of years ago and it appears to have been around since Windows 7 was launched. Don't bother with Sony's on-line support or the forums - you won't find anything helpful.

I found a solutution to the problem in, of all places, Microsoft's Community forums - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...b-2c475c5d4f03

Hope this helps. There's also another thread there regarding Windows 7 64bit.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #21
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
Annieher
The Reader Library software not loading is not a new issue. I had the same problem when I migrated to Windows 7 a couple of years ago and it appears to have been around since Windows 7 was launched...
Never had a problem myself.

Reader Library has worked fine for me using Vista 64 - Windows 7 64 and now Windows 8 64.

I use it all the time as I don't like the way Calibre dictates how your library is organised.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #22
annieher
annieher began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 (at the moment)
hi, BookCat, thank you so much for replying. That link did work and does recognize my reader and I can load my books onto the 505 with no problem. I never thought of looking for software which was younger than mine but not recent. thanks.
My sister will be disappointed!! Her computer is running Vista and I figured it would probably work on that. I was going to give my reader to her...oh, well. She'll just have to buy her own!!
Only one problem left.... I've been using a 500 which really IS getting past its use-by date (it has lines on the screen etc) and just waiting for it die completely before switching to the 505. Earlier I said that I don't tend to buy new books anyway and a friend gave me a heap of books. To get them onto the 500, I had to copy them into a Word Document and make sure there was no HTML script (photos, fancy writing etc) otherwise the 500 would freeze. That's OK. I like playing around and I got the routine down..no problems. No problem with software except I didn't know how to enter the authors name...no biggie.
This software takes it ok but it doesn't give its name in the library...just "new book". Now that is going to be problem.
I'm not sure how to go it and I've got a lot of books that will need adjusting or something.
What do you think?
thanks again.

Last edited by annieher; 02-13-2013 at 12:10 AM.
annieher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #23
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
If you're trying to load Word docs into the software and reader but it doesn't load the title/author, you need to do the following:
In Word:
1. Depending upon which version of Word you have, go to file -> properties (or wherever properties is located in the later versions). Open the properties dialogue box.
2. Type in the title and author.
3. Close properties dialogue box.
4. Save as: Title
NB ensure that you save as RTF, not doc.

This should solve the problem. The title and author should now show in the software and on your reader.

Last edited by BookCat; 02-19-2013 at 01:42 PM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote