Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2024, 08:09 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Not seeing new version of calibre in 7.6 development version

I'm running calibre 7.6 development version. It is not showing that 7.7 has been released. Is that the way it's supposed to be?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 08:37 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It works for me. I installed the preview from https://download.calibre-ebook.com/preview/. As of this morning, and not running from source, I see
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	206883

Running from yesterday's source (before 7.7) I see:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	206884

What do you see?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2024, 09:14 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Is it Friday already?
Quote:
Release: 7.7 [14 Mar, 2024]
New features

Trim image: Allow specifying the size of the trim rectangle using numbers

Closes tickets: 2056116
Full text search: Allow pressing Ctrl+S to select the current book in the calibre book list

Closes tickets: 2056664
Speed up scrolling through the book list book-by-book by only redrawing the book details panel when scrolling pauses
Add a tweak under Preferences->Tweaks to set the first day of the week in popup calendars used to input dates

Bug fixes

CHM Input: Handle CHM files with no HHC Table of Contents

Closes tickets: 2056470
E-book viewer: Fix a few settings such as pages per screen and header/footers not being saved in profiles
Full text search: Ignore text inside <ruby> tags when indexing books

Closes tickets: 2056614
DOCX Output: Preserve spaces around soft hyphens
Book details popup: Copy the original cover image to the clipboard even when the image is rescaled to fit into view
Fix changing disabled colors in the UI color palette overriding non-disabled colors
Content server: Fix deletion of viewer profiles not working

Improved news sources

LiveMint
Bloomberg
Natural Geographic
MIT Technology Review
NY Review of Books
Scientific American
Ireland is closed this Monday 18th March.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 09:56 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It works for me. I installed the preview from https://download.calibre-ebook.com/preview/. As of this morning, and not running from source, I see
Attachment 206883

Running from yesterday's source (before 7.7) I see:
Attachment 206884

What do you see?
i saw nothing. When I reinstalled the release version, I then saw the new calibre version.
Old 03-14-2024, 10:46 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I uninstalled 7.7 and reinstalled 7.6 preview and it's working now.
Advert
Old 03-14-2024, 10:47 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I uninstalled 7.7 and reinstalled 7.6 preview and it's working now.
Thanks for checking.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Thanks for checking.
Happy to help. I have no idea why it didn't work. There's nothing wrong with the Internet here that I know of.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:14 PM   #8
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Is it Friday already?
Feels like Daylight Saving Time kicking in
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote