Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 06:57 PM   #46
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I had occasion to check the EOL for Windows 8.1 last week for my ex, Windows 8.1 Extended support (security and bug fixes) will end on Jan 10, 2023 ==>> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lif...cts/windows-81

If Qt has hit its kill switch earlier than that, it deserves a boot up the bum.

BR
Old 07-11-2022, 07:03 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I had occasion to check the EOL for Windows 8.1 last week for my ex, Windows 8.1 Extended support (security and bug fixes) will end on Jan 10, 2023 ==>> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lif...cts/windows-81

If Qt has hit its kill switch earlier than that, it deserves a boot up the bum.

BR
But at least the Windows 10 upgrade is still available for free. I've never heard of any computer running Windows 8 that cannot run Windows 10. So the solution is to do the upgrade and then Calibre 6 can be installed.
Advert
Old 07-11-2022, 07:41 PM   #48
notdog
notdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Mac laptop
Cannot Add Books error

Trying out version 6 by adding books with drag and drop, I got a Cannot Add Books error. This is on macOS 11.6.7. I've attached a screenshot of the detailed error report.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre 6 error message.png
Views:	92
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	194928  
Old 07-11-2022, 07:54 PM   #49
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
If you're using DeDRM/NoDRM, remove it and see if it works.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:05 PM   #50
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
I also posted this in the FFF thread, but wasn't sure if I should post it here instead.

Calibre crashes everytime I try and add a fanfiction book using FFF 4.14. The crash occurs after the "proceed to update library" window.

partial Apple crash report:
Quote:
Process: calibre [1991]
Path: /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/calibre
Identifier: net.kovidgoyal.calibre
Version: 6.0.0 (6.0.0)
Code Type: ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2022-07-11 16:55:31.8394 -0700
OS Version: macOS 12.4 (21F79)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: DE45770E-1A13-88AB-1CB2-71F1257C786D

Time Awake Since Boot: 1300 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 GUIPool Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
abort() called
Invalid dylib load. Clients should not load the unversioned libcrypto dylib as it does not have a stable ABI.
Advert
Old 07-11-2022, 08:17 PM   #51
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But at least the Windows 10 upgrade is still available for free. I've never heard of any computer running Windows 8 that cannot run Windows 10. So the solution is to do the upgrade and then Calibre 6 can be installed.
My ex doesn't use calibre, her 'mission critical' software supplier announced they will be withdrawing support for 8.1 in August 2023 because of the 8.1 EOL date - but they didn't say what that was.

We'll get her a new laptop for Christmas

BR
Old 07-11-2022, 08:21 PM   #52
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Caliber 6 update failed to install on Linux Mint 19.3
It gives me this error:

xxxxl@xxxxxH:~$ sudo -v && wget -nv -OR- https://download.calibre-ebook.com/linux-installer.sh | sudo sh /dev/stdin
[sudo] password for xxxxxl:
Using python executable: /usr/bin/python3
2022-07-11 13:05:49 URL:https://download.calibre-ebook.com/linux-installer.sh [32750/32750] -> "-" [1]
Your system has GNU libc version 2.27. The caliber binaries require at least version: 2.31 (released on 2020-02-01). Update your system.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:26 PM   #53
cubem3
cubem3 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Adding POLISH BOOKS in Toolbar

Once you add it and use it, you can't un-use it as it won't let you save your settings unless you save at least one of the options.

You can no matter if you Press Cancel, it will always require at least one option to be selected in order to change settings.

HOW do we deselect every option and then save it? (as in, want to delete it and stop it polishing my conversions)

Thanks
Old 07-11-2022, 08:29 PM   #54
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Caliber 6 update failed to install on Linux Mint 19.3
It gives me this error:

xxxxl@xxxxxH:~$ sudo -v && wget -nv -OR- https://download.calibre-ebook.com/linux-installer.sh | sudo sh /dev/stdin
[sudo] password for xxxxxl:
Using python executable: /usr/bin/python3
2022-07-11 13:05:49 URL:https://download.calibre-ebook.com/linux-installer.sh [32750/32750] -> "-" [1]
Your system has GNU libc version 2.27. The caliber binaries require at least version: 2.31 (released on 2020-02-01). Update your system.
GLIBC 2.31 is listed as a requirement on the download page.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2022, 08:37 PM   #55
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
After Update to calibre 6.0 on MacOS 11.6.7 it refuesd to import any book. Actulizing DeDRM to 10.0.2 seemed to help, but ebook-edit and open ebook (epub) doesnt work any more. No message, only no start of both programs. So I reverted to 5.44. This version seems to be unusable...
Old 07-11-2022, 08:42 PM   #56
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I would suggest anyone who's having issues with it and who has a github account to report the issue on DeDRM_tools repo.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:45 PM   #57
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubem3 View Post
Adding POLISH BOOKS in Toolbar

Once you add it and use it, you can't un-use it as it won't let you save your settings unless you save at least one of the options.

You can no matter if you Press Cancel, it will always require at least one option to be selected in order to change settings.

HOW do we deselect every option and then save it? (as in, want to delete it and stop it polishing my conversions)

Thanks
I don't think the Polish Books tool in-and-of-itself is used in Conversions, but there may be features that are common to both.

If you re-install (uninstall and install) calibre you won't lose any settings or libraries. Don't add Polish Books to any toolbars or menu's and then do a Conversion.

BR
Old 07-11-2022, 08:51 PM   #58
merniegirl
merniegirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Had the same problem as sDs910 after v6 install on iMac running Big Sur Calibre couldn't access or install any books I has stored or purchased today after installing it yesterday. Kept getting this message: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 548, in _books
File "claibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2008, in books
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Correction required rolling back my stored Calibre library to yesterday in Time Machine, a hard reset of Kobo Clara and dumping v6 for v5.4
Old 07-11-2022, 08:54 PM   #59
notdog
notdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the endnotdog knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Mac laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
If you're using DeDRM/NoDRM, remove it and see if it works.
Thank you. That seems to have been the problem. For the present I may need to downgrade to 5.x.x to use DeDRM.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:56 PM   #60
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Calibre 6 won't run on windows 8.
Thanks for this note. I saw the what's new line: "Support for Windows 8 has been dropped as neither Qt 6 nor Microsoft support it." and wondered if it ran on Win 8.1 but bug fixes would not be entertained, or Would not run at all.

Got a 9 year old laptop, that I will keep using for a couple more years or until it dies... Had no plans to make a 8->10 upgrade on it.

Guess I will stick with Calibre 5 for a while longer.
Closed Thread