Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-15-2009, 09:52 AM   #16
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
They look great (and will look even better in the redesigned version of Feedbooks that we'll launch this week !).
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
They look great (and will look even better in the redesigned version of Feedbooks that we'll launch this week !).
woohoo !! this week !! can't wait ! :
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #18
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
also, shouldn't quite a lot of them be attached in various threads here ?
Yes, they are! I can recover most of them, but they're only JPG's, sadly all my PSD's, fonts, brushes, morgue is gone forever
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #19
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Can't wait for this! I was looking at the mockups on your blog and it looks fantastic
Old 07-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Yes, they are! I can recover most of them, but they're only JPG's, sadly all my PSD's, fonts, brushes, morgue is gone forever
arg. that's the worst. i've been through that, so my heart is with you. but... at least you have the jpgs, right ? it's better than nothing... (trying to be optimistic !)
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #21
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
arg. that's the worst. i've been through that, so my heart is with you. but... at least you have the jpgs, right ? it's better than nothing... (trying to be optimistic !)
I'm not downhearted, I'm essentially an optimist in everything so the loss of the HD was just an opportunity to create something new
Old 07-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #22
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I'm not downhearted, I'm essentially an optimist in everything so the loss of the HD was just an opportunity to create something new

i wish i could always have that attitude in life. i'll try to emulate it more but it's not always easy...
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #23
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
I know some places where you can send the hd off to a company and they can recover a large portion of the files that were on it. Not sure how much the cost is, but if it's not too substantial, it might be worth doing.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #24
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
I know some places where you can send the hd off to a company and they can recover a large portion of the files that were on it. Not sure how much the cost is, but if it's not too substantial, it might be worth doing.
Yeah, I sort of looked into that, but I figured rather than go through all that mess, why not just reasess my whole backup strategy and just restart. To be honest I actually like the new covers more than the old ones I created, and it'll be an adventure to re-fill my morgue and find all the old fonts Oh, and besides all that, I tossed the offending hard-drives into the rubbish not long after they failed