Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
AlisaC
AlisaC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC
Alisa

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I am getting ready to put my first ebook on Kindle and Nook, and I've run into a problem with the Kindle. I don't have one, so I downloaded Kindle for PC so that I could preview what my formatted book will look like. I can do that on the Nook for PC, but I can't find anything like that from Kindle for PC. The only thing I've found is emailing the file to them and having them put it on my Kindle, for a fee. There's got to be a better (cheaper) way. Anyone know how to do that?

Thanks -- Alisa
AlisaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You should be able to read your mobi file with Kindle 4 PC. Just double-click the mobi (or right click and "Open with" and choose K4PC).

You should also consider downloading the Kindle Previewer. It will allow you to see how things will look on the actual Kindle devices (and iPad/iPhone).
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Kindle Previewer is the best way to preview a book's appearance on a Kindle device (and iOS devices) without actually having a device. Its available free from Amazon's Publishing page here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000234621
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
AlisaC
AlisaC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC
Thank you! This is exactly what I needed!

Alisa
AlisaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle for pc