Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-24-2021, 09:52 AM   #1
hedeon
hedeon began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Air
[HELP] Bricked Note Air after 3.1 fw update

The device has failed to update its firmware to 3.1, and has been since in a boot loop. Hard resets do not help, nor does wiping cache, user data/factory reset. What I probably need is to sideload the fw, but the device does not respond to adb (my phone does so adb universal driver should be ok).

Any suggestions, pointers, help? Much appreciated.
hedeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:26 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedeon View Post
Any suggestions, pointers, help? Much appreciated.
Ask help@boox.com
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2021, 10:32 AM   #3
hedeon
hedeon began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I was hoping to fix the device myself before sending it off for repair. I used to root android phones back in a day so it shouldn't be too difficult to flush new firmware to it... It is not showing in ADB though so thought that I might be missing something
hedeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 04:03 AM   #4
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedeon View Post
I was hoping to fix the device myself before sending it off for repair. I used to root android phones back in a day so it shouldn't be too difficult to flush new firmware to it... It is not showing in ADB though so thought that I might be missing something
You can try
  • Reset: power button for 8-10 seconds to reset your device , according to FAQ
  • Recovery: not sure how to do it

If you can enter recovery mode then you can flash the decrypted image. You can find the decrypt tool here.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:04 PM   #5
DenisR
Connoisseur
DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
May be you could try that (from Onyx, for a Max2):
Quote:
To switch off the device firstly, and then long press the “back” button and insert the USB cable to charge at the same time, for about 5 seconds, the blue light glows, then release the “back” button, when the red light glows, enter into the recovery interface, to select “wipe data\factory reset – yes delete all user data - reboot”, which will be restore the factory default settings.
This will clear all the personal data (such as reading records, third-party app, system settings), but will not clear the files already stored in the storage.
to select up and down direction by page turn buttons, power button to enter/confirm;
Good luck
Denis
DenisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisR View Post
May be you could try that (from Onyx, for a Max2):
Note Air has no back button.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:31 PM   #7
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Hedeon does know how to get into recovery. There is another thread here where it is discussed to get there on Note Air.
But the recovery doesn't have an option to flash an update.zip.
Flashing via fastboot doesn't work because some files are missing in update.zip.

Last edited by yokos; 04-27-2021 at 01:27 PM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:18 PM   #8
jbennion
jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony reader PRS-650
Having the same problem

Their support queue says the will respond to me in three days because of the labor day holiday.
jbennion is offline   Reply With Quote