Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-08-2021, 02:15 PM   #1
hnn73
hnn73 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
3 problems with Inkpad 3

I have Pocketbook Inkpad 3 and it has three annoying issues.

First it had this:
When it wakes up and I continue where I left off, it often messes with the font size. It doesn't keep the setting I have chosen previously.

So, I updated the software to the latest version thinking it might fix it, it now does it still, but not as often as it used to. But after the update I have TWO new issues:

- It occasionally just shuts down while I'm reading.

- It skips pages. For example I am on page 90, when I turn the device back on I might suddenly be on page 60, or 70. It is annoying, if I don't happen to remember what page I was on previously, I need to spend time actually finding the right one.

I am already running the latest version of the software, so that won't help anymore. Also I have tried to reformat the internal memory.

Are these bugs common, or is my device clearly faulty? Is there anything I can do for those, except wait for the next software update and hope it fixes them?

Thank you.
hnn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:09 PM   #2
Repto
Repto began at the beginning.

Hello, I also am the owner of an Inkpad 3, a Vivlio one (french version) not a Pocketbook. I tried the last 3 Pocketboot firmwares and I've never encountered those bugs, or at least never noticed a problem with the font size nor the pages being skipped after turning the device back on.

I also never had the device shutting down while reading, for that issue have you checked if the "Power off after" setting in the "Saving power" setting menu was not set too low?

I don't think it will change anything but have you already tried a complete "Factory reset" once?

Have you found other people talking about these issues? From memory I've never seen it. If you still have them with the latest update I'm not sure a new one would fix them
Repto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2021, 02:49 PM   #3
hnn73

I have tried factory reset. Didn't seem to help.

Also it is weird that it no longer checks for firmware updates. I updated it once several weeks ago. Now every single time I try to check for a new version it says there is an error with the connection, try again later.

If it won't work when the next update comes, I need to find out how to update it manually, if possible.

I have seen some people talking about the issues, but I can't remember where anymore, and I don't know if their issues were fixed or as persistent as mine.
Old 03-26-2021, 01:24 PM   #4
Repto

Weird indeed, I can at least help you doing it manually, you just have to download the latest firmware here : https://www.pocketbook-int.com/fr/su...tbook-inkpad-3
and move SWUPDATE.BIN file at the root directory of your device, then restart it by pressing left arrow + right arrow + power until the device turns on and displays an update screen.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:36 PM   #5
hnn73

Thank you.

It seems I have the latest version now, I will do that when the next version comes out. Hopefully it will solve some of these issues
Advert
Old 03-26-2021, 07:07 PM   #6
Repto

No problem, but I'm kind of skeptic about those issues since I don't seem to encounter them, aren't you able to send your device to customer service or even exchange it?

Last edited by Repto; 03-26-2021 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-27-2021, 02:02 AM   #7
hnn73

I bought it from my ISP. I'll ask them what they think about it, can it be replaced or at least checked out.