Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2020, 12:34 AM   #46
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ilovejedd:

@yparitcher has done just that: https://github.com/yparitcher/KUAL_Booklet
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:27 AM   #47
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Thanks for the link!

I was looking through the source code thinking I might be able to create the update.bin installer using the PW4 (via MRPI's kindletool). Alas, it seems the jar needs to be built first and I don't know the first thing about setting up dev environments.

Any chance we can get a ready to install version?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2020, 02:10 PM   #48
yparitcher
Connoisseur
yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 KT4 PW4 PW5
@ilovejedd

https://github.com/yparitcher/KUAL_B...eases/tag/v1.0
yparitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 02:22 PM   #49
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yparitcher View Post
Awesome, thanks!
Old 12-20-2020, 06:58 PM   #50
ViTALiTY34
ViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle PW4
Is there any chance this could work on the normal non-PW 10th gen Kindle? Running 5.13.3 right now

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-21-2020 at 11:39 AM.
ViTALiTY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2020, 07:48 PM   #51
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViTALiTY34 View Post
Is there any chance this could work on the normal non-PW 10th gen Kindle? Running 5.13.3 right now
No. That one has been tested to brick with diags (firmwares are usually model-specific).

There's a reason this huge warning is in the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
This does NOT work on any Kindle aside from the PW4.

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-21-2020 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:01 PM   #52
ViTALiTY34
ViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
No. That one has been tested to brick with diags (firmwares are usually model-specific).

There's a reason this huge warning is in the guide.
Ah, yea. Sorry about that.

I'm going to keep hoping then. And thanks again for the awesome work.
ViTALiTY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 02:34 AM   #53
Eures
Connoisseur
Eures is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Paperwhite 4
I am so pissed at Amazon that you have no idea. How do you intentionally make worse a browser that could previously easily read all textual web pages? The Kindle browser was fine for reading in the sun for example Wikipedia and Facebook, better than with the phone or iPad. And take out the progress bar in the ebook reader?
Eures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 06:12 AM   #54
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Thanks a lot, works fine on PW2 5.8.7.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 09:39 AM   #55
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eures View Post
I am so pissed at Amazon that you have no idea. How do you intentionally make worse a browser that could previously easily read all textual web pages? The Kindle browser was fine for reading in the sun for example Wikipedia and Facebook, better than with the phone or iPad. And take out the progress bar in the ebook reader?
Downgrade if/while you still can then. I can access the COPS server on my LAN just fine on 5.10.1.3.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #56
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Thanks, also works fine PW3 5.13.3
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 10:39 AM   #57
Eures
Connoisseur
Eures is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Downgrade if/while you still can then. I can access the COPS server on my LAN just fine on 5.10.1.3.
Especially interesting to find out what COPS is, ilovejedd, but I did the downgrade with you 15 days ago due to the jailbreak

Last edited by Eures; 12-21-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Eures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 11:14 AM   #58
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eures View Post
Especially interesting to find out what COPS is, ilovejedd, but I did the downgrade with you 15 days ago due to the jailbreak
COPS : Calibre OPDS PHP Server
Old 12-21-2020, 06:24 PM   #59
yparitcher
Connoisseur
yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 KT4 PW4 PW5
@NiLuJe

Should i add my Koreader launcher to the Koreader wiki/install pages, for those like me that see the amazon UI as a way to get to Koreader , or should i just leave it simple with just KUAL?
yparitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #60
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@yparitcher: That's entirely fine by me .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pw4 jailbreak