Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
magicman1223
magicman1223 began at the beginning.

Device: htc rsvp
Repeated text pdf to epub conversion

Hey everyone,

I have been trying to use rsvp with an app called glance , the issue I am running into is that my conversion of a pdc to epub keeps repeating various information. I tried to use regular expressions however it did not seem to work. Is there an option I am missing that can delete this information form the converted epub? Thanks for the help.

Example :

Copyright © 2011 by The McGraw-Hill Companies

01-ch01.indd 51

3/23/2011 6:18:37 AM

CertPrs8/RHCE Red Hat Certifi ed Engineer Linux Study Guide (Exam N0-201)/Jang/176565-7/Chapter 1

Here is the exact markup.

<br>
Copyright © 2011 by The McGraw-Hill Companies<br>
01-ch01.indd 3<br>
3/23/2011 6:18:31 AM<br>
<hr/>
<a name=4></a><b>CertPrs8</b>/RHCE Red Hat Certifi ed Engineer Linux Study Guide (Exam N0-201)/Jang/176565-7/Chapter 1<br>
<b>4</b> Chapter 1: Prepare for Red Hat Hands-on Certifi cations<br>
magicman1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I don't see any repetition in your example.

In any event, PDF is a horrible format to convert from, although there are a few tricks you can use. It mostly boils down to regex though.

See the sticky here: Read this before Posting PDF Questions.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What you see is 'page' footers
They are NOT identical, but similar.
There is a 'page number' and page (generated?) timestamp that is encoded

IMHO, use the editor and some careful REGEX to clean up after a PDF conversion
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
magicman1223
magicman1223 began at the beginning.

Device: htc rsvp
The book only came with pdf, which is why I am stuck with pdf format. I am currently reading the link on what to do with pdf conversion. I think @theducks is right they look like footers..
magicman1223 is offline   Reply With Quote